Chapter Ten

"Dad?" I call him and he smiles at me. He kneels in front of me and looks in my eyes. "I don't want to leave you here." I sob and hug him.

"Don't worry princess I will come there soon." He pats my head and smiles at me. "Now, you have to go. Grandpa is waiting for you. I will come soon, okay?" He tells me and I nod.

"I will miss you, come soon, okay?" I ask him with large hazel eyes and he nods.

"Of course. I will always come to find you." He assures me. "Remember that there is no place in the whole world which will make it impossible for me to reach you."

The sweat is covering my whole body. Tears are filling my eyes and I can feel my insides twisting. I look at Theon next to me, who is in his shirt and trousers. I smile softly at him, and try my best not to wake him up.
I slowly get out of the bed and start going to the window barefooted to make no sound. I lean forward and look out of the window at the large cold forest in front of me. The sky full of stars and people below me.  I don't know how long I stand there until Theon puts his hands around me.

"Couldn't sleep?" He asks me in low, sleepy voice and I nod. He puts his head on my shoulder and sighs. "Come, you will catch a cold like that." He whispers and leads me towards the bed. He lays me down and puts blankets on top of me. Only then I realize how cold I am. My limbs are numb and I am shivering from the coolness.

"Come here." He hugs me tightly and I put my head on his arm, closing my eyes and drifting to slumber.

***

I look at Theon, who is reading some papers with furrowed eyebrows. His eyes are following he lines written on the latter. His mouth is clenched in anger and he breathes deeply.
Then I look at Robb, who is whispering at Maester Luwin in a low voice. I say nothing as I remember Tyrion Lannister who has been here a while ago and gave us plans on how Bran could ride a horse.

"What happened?" I ask finally. "You have been like that for hours already!" I say frustrated and shake my head. "Theon has been reading same latter while you two whisper for two hours!" I say annoyed and sit back on my comfortable armchair. The three men look at each other and then back at me.

"Lady Bianca..." Luwin starts in careful voice and scans me. "We... maybe it's better not to know it?" He suggests and I shake my head.

"Robb." He looks at me with Tully eyes and looks away in guilt and shame. "What happened?"

"It's dad..." he whispers and looks down. "He has been accused of betrayal and he is in the jail." The time freezes around me. The air becomes tense and its impossible to breath. The world starts spinning around me and I can no longer see anything but blurry figures.

***

"How are you?" Maester Luwin is the only person in my chambers. I look up at him with sour expression.

"I don't know." I whisper and sigh. "I mean... he knows the truth and he is my uncle..." I push tears back and smile. "He is the only reminder of dad..."

"What about Ben?" He suggests and I shake my head.

"He is in Night Watch." I murmur and sigh. "He isn't coming back. And now... they will kill Ned won't they? And how could Robert believe that Uncle Ned would betray him?!" I demand and he looks at me with even sadder expression.

"King Robert Baratheon died..." I look at him confused, not believing a single word he says. "He died yesterday... now Joffrey is the king and... Queen Cersei is regent." I smile bitterly as I remember the beautiful queen and her jerk of a son.

"What about Sansa? Arya?" I ask in horrified voice. "We have to go back and... and bring them back."

"They are safe... as safe as privileged prisoners can be." He admits and shakes his head.

"The war is starting isn't it?" I whisper and look at his wise eyes. He hesitates, but then nods. "Cersei will kill Ned and then... lords of the North would want revenge... even Robb would want it."

"And Kingslayer has attacked Riverran." He informs me. "Renly is calling other Lords to take the throne... and Stannis has locked himself in dragonstone." I sigh and shake my head.

"Measter?" He looks at me and I stand up, still little dizzy from recent events. "Who is the real enemy?"

"What do you mean?" He raises his eyebrows and asks me confused.

"They will start the war... and they will start it soon. So, who is the real enemy?"

"Eh, child... no one knows that."