Your First Steps and First Word - BEN Drowned

I'm trying to update faster, but so much has happened lately that the will to write was gone for a while. I'm slowly getting it back though. So, here's a new chapter for you guys! Please don't kill me for taking so long!

BEN's POV

I'm sitting in my room with (y/n), watching her play with some blocks as I play Call of Duty. I've been killing everyone on the other team for a while now. It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't a bunch of assholes on my team bragging about how we're winning.

I say, "Bam! Headshot! Take that, ya bitch."

"Bitch!"

I freeze up, then look over at (y/n). I say, "Wait, did you just say that?"

(y/n) giggles, "Ya bitch!"

I smile and shout, "Holy shit! Your first word!" I stand and go to walk over to her when she stands up next to her blocks. I get on my knees and say, "A-Are you gonna walk too!? Come on, little bear! You can do it!"

She takes a slow step forward, her knees almost buckling, then another. She slowly walks halfway over to me, then giggles and runs to me. I wrap my arms around her as I shout, "Hell yeah, little bear!"

Jeff opens the door and says, "What's goin' on in here?"

(y/n) points at him and yells, "Ya bitch!"

I burst out laughing as Jeff yells, "Wait, what!? Did she just say what I think she said!?"

(y/n) giggles as I wheeze, "Her-Her first word was bitch! Hahaha!"

Jeff growls, "She's so mean already. She's gonna be just like her Dad."

(y/n) wraps her arms around my neck as she says, "Daddy!"

I tense up for a moment, then wrap her in a tight hug as I squeal, "That was so fuckin' cute!~ Oh my God!~"

Jeff says, "That was pretty cute."

(y/n) says, "Daddy fuckin' cute. Bitch fuckin' cute too."

Jeff says, "I don't know whether to be offended or flattered, so I'm just gonna go."

Jeff leaves as I sit back down in front of my game. I cross my legs and put my headset back on, then say, "Guys, my daughter just said her first word! Wanna hear it?~"

The players all say yeah, so I put the headset on (y/n) as I say, "Okay, (y/n), tell the people what you call Jeff."

She yells, "Bitch!" I put the headset back on and everyone is laughing hysterically. I smile down at (y/n), who is sitting in between my criss-crossed legs and watching the game.

I exit the game, which I think is a little too bloody for the baby, and start playing King Oddball instead. She loves watching me play this game. We sit there for hours, then she falls asleep.

I smile and pick her up, walking over to her crib, then set her down. I smile down at her, then say, "Sleep well, little bear."

Word Count: 507 words