7. The Comfort

Chapter 7:

The Comfort

Adrian Boroughs 🔝 played by Brandon Larracuente

           "Maya!" Lucy whined from across the round table at the club. "You haven't. Drank. Yet," he hiccuped between each word. She's definitely drunk.

           Caleb had his arms around her and nuzzling her neck. I knew these two were ready to go home and get it on.

          "Your so drunk that you didn't even see me drinking." I told her which wasn't a lie. I was pretty drunk too, but she was way more than I was.

"Whatever!" She shouted then began giggling when Caleb kept tickling her neck. Soon their flirting lead to them making out and once again, I was the third wheel. My mind replaying what happened in Mr. Parker's office on Monday. After I apologise and began crying like a damn fool, he hugged me so tight and we just stayed like that for as long as I could remember. He told me to go home and get rest and to come in the next day after resting and feeling better.

Everything went back to normal the next day. He didn't mention a single word to me about what happened in his office. Why I had a sudden outbreak? Or why I began crying and apologising just a minute after. He just treated me professionally like I asked him to. Now it was Saturday night and Lucy begged me to come out with her and Caleb. Truthfully, I only agreed to come because I needed to have a few drinks after a long and stressful week.

Before Lucy and Caleb walked off to the dance floor, I told her I was gonna go home and get some rest because I began feeling sleepy. I don't know why but when I get drunk I just wanna sleep straight after.

           I made sure to park legally this time. Driving while intoxicated wasn't a good idea, so I thought I'll just walk home since it's only around the block from here, rather than drive and get into an accident or pulled over by a cop. Adrian came to my mind and I remembered that I still hadn't spoken to him since last Saturday when we went out. Hearing him out won't be so bad. It won't change much, but at least I'll give him a chance to tell me.

          Double checking that I haven't parked in an illegal parking, I saw that I wasn't and reminded myself to come pick it up tomorrow. Walking was a good idea to help me sober up. Fresh air always does me good.

           As I past Aria's Cafe, the one where Lucy and I were sitting in when Adrian and I first spoke, I spotted a police car and I knew he was around. My vision was blurry since I was all the way on the other end of the street and being drunk, but I'm pretty sure that I saw Adrian inside the cafe sitting and drinking a coffee. He looked good as ever, his brown hair neatly tucked to the side. I didn't want to go talk to him now when I'm wasted. Tomorrow was a new day and I'll talk to him then.