9. The Proposition

Chapter 9:

The Proposition

           Why me? Why were the three hottest guys I know, interested in me? Someone who's broken

           Why me? Why were the three hottest guys I know, interested in me? Someone who's broken. Someone who's not able to give them what they want.

"Why are you here?" Nate suddenly said, but I realised he wasn't aiming the question at me, but at Cody. "Isn't this birthday party for friends and family only?"

That's the first time I hear Nate being rude. Usually he's the quiet and shy one out of the three. Then I realised how awkward this is going to be. All three guys don't know that I know all three of them.

"What's it to you, blondie?" Cody snapped, anger in his eyes as he glared at Nate.

Nate took a threatening step forward and I had to quickly step in the middle, pushing both of these hot guys away from each other. And I don't mean hot as in looks, I mean as in boiling mad.

"Guys, this is supposed to be a birthday party for Maya," Adrian pointed out. "So stop fighting,"

"And who the hell do you think you are?" Cody growled at Adrian.

"Guys, Stop!" I yelled a little over the music so I'd be heard. Fail.

"I'm her neighbour, her friend and I'm also a cop, so back off," Adrian shot back.

"Oh so just because your a cop, we have to just listen to you and back off?" Nate chuckled.

"Guys, please, can we just stop this now?" But no one even noticed me talking.

The kept arguing for a good five minutes. What is with them? Was it all because of me? I must've zoned out for a second because before I knew it, Adrian was throwing a punch at Cody's face, successfully punching him straight to the ground.

That's when everyone noticed there was a fight. "Shit, Adrian! Stop!" I shouted out, pushing him back as he was ready to attack Cody again.

"What the fuck is your problem man?" Nate yelled and lunged forward, shoving Adrian to a wall.

"Get your fucking hands off me now!" Adrian demanded angrily. When Nate didn't budge, Adrian head butted him hard, causing Nate to stumble back, lose his footing and fall straight to the floor.

"Someone, do something!" I shouted out to anyone who could potentially stop this fight. But don't you hate it when people just stop and stare whenever there's a fight.

Cody was up now and he ran straight to Adrian who had his back turned, tackling him straight to the floor. "Cody! Stop! Please!"

He began punching Adrian multiple times that I felt so sick at the sight of blood trickling from his lip. I began trying to pry Cody off Adrian, but Cody shoved me hard in my stomach and I fell back. He immediately noticed what he had done, and he rushed over to me as I was clutching my stomach in pain.