11. The Date With Nate

Chapter 11:

The Date With Nate

Maya Brown 🔝 & Nate Woods

            Sometimes you need to get away from your life. Take a step back and run in the other direction. Maybe it's because I'm afraid. Maybe I'm a coward. Maybe I'm weak. But all I knew right now as I was driving for almost two hours in no specific direction, was that I needed to get away. I'm not used to having the attention on me. I'm the cause for that because I don't allow anyone to get too close. I've done everything in my power to protect my heart. What's left of it. But then these three amazing guys prance into my life invitingly and change everything.

           I like them.

           Each of them care for me in their own way which makes it all the more harder to decide who I want to be with or if I can be with any of them. It's too hard to open up when I've been locked in a shell all my life. But these guys are making me slowly open up. And it terrifies me how the can manage to do that without even knowing me for too long.

          My phone kept ringing and I knew I was going to have to face them sooner or later. It wouldn't stop, so I pulled over on the side of the road and answered the call.

          "Maya, listen. Don't hang up," Cody spoke instantly as I answered. "We don't want to make you feel under pressure and we're sorry that we argued in front of you. Just remember all this is new to us just as it's new to you. I'm speaking on behalf of Nate and Adrian, because I'm pretty sure none of us have had to share a woman before. Please don't give up on this plan and give it a shot. We're all in this together and for your sake, the guys and I have agreed to stay civil. Now would you please come back?"

"Cody, I'm happy to hear you guys aren't killing each other, but I just need some time away. I'm not saying no to this whole thing. But I just need some time. Please understand that I'm not just scared for myself but for you guys too. I don't wanna hurt anyone!"

Adrian spoke this time. "Maya! We already know that two of us can't be with you and we've accepted that there will be heartbreak at the end of this. But we want to be heartbroken if it means getting a chance to be with you,"

My heart has never felt this feeling before. It was pure happiness and excitement. I wanted nothing more than to be with each of these men. But that's incredibly selfish of me and I knew eventually I'll have to choose who I fell for. It's just so scary because I can fall in love with all three easily. "You guys mean so much to me. I'll see you in a few days. Just give me time to process all of this,"

           "Where are you going?" Nate asked and by now I figured I was on speaker so all three could hear me.

           "Probably a hotel for a few nights. Gotta go, I'm running out of battery. See you guys soon,"