Chapter Four

*if you haven't read the first book or don't remember what happened (ie the fight) you may wanna refresh cause the past will come back often (aka in the next chapter or two///not this one cause I messed up but whatever...it's fine...everything's fine)!! Thanks for reading!*

-Author Out

=======

You walk into the small room while biting your lip. You know you shouldn't be here, you didn't know the guy for fucks sake! But you just had to return his damn necklace, if you were in this condition you would want someone to do the same for you. 

"Oh my god." You whisper while placing a hand over your mouth. There lay the man that you had saved, you never really paid much attention to the extent of his injuries...you were too wrapped up in calling the cops and freaking out to really give him a once-over (besides the obvious bleeding abdomen at the time). 

His face was almost unrecognizable. He had bruises, bumps, and lumps everywhere. Not an inch of skin was uncovered. His arms were covered in scars and stitches, the sight made your stomach squeeze. There were so many machines and tubes all around him that you were afraid there wasn't a man left, not a soul, just those machines.

You hated  them, you hated hospitals too. All of it reminded you of the treatments and crap that you had to endure. Now seeing this man in this condition, it just brought back too many memories that you had capped down over the years. Your stomach twists as your throat closes up, you turn to leave the room but step back when the door opens and a man in a white lab coat steps through. 

"Hello, I am Doctor L. Washington." The man smiles while taking your hand in his to shake. "Who might you be?"

"Uh, Y/N." You clear your throat. "Y/N Y/L. I found him at the crash site." You still don't turn around to look at the body behind you.

"Y/N?" Dr. Washington tilts his head to the side. "How extraordinary! He's been calling for you for quite some time." 

"Oh, no no." You quickly shake your head but the man doesn't seem to listen. 

"Please, who are you to him? Who is he? We are having quite a lot of trouble identifying him and we cannot take anymore blood because he lost so much at the crash!" He rambles. This man was not sounding like a doctor at all...or maybe he was acting like you were family. Which you definitely were not! You did not know this mystery man, you only found him. "It is kind of troubling that you have not come to see him yet, though."

"That's because I don't know him." You firmly reply, trying to bite back the sarcastic comments that were pushing to come out. "I've never seen this man before in my life! I only found him when I was on the way to Walmart!"

"Oh, then how are you here? Why?" Dr. Washington gruffs while crossing his arms. "Family members only." 

"Probably because your nurses thought the same thing you did." You deadpan. "And I also wanted to return this to him." You hold up the necklace, the gold tint shining in the light. Dr. Washington studies the piece of jewelry for a second before he takes it from your hands. "He had it and dropped it as paramedics were loading him into an ambulance." 

You watch as the doctor opens the small locket. Your curiosity skyrockets. You had wanted to do that so many times while you waited for the perfect time to return the damn thing. It had even gotten to the point where you had to lock it in a box because the thing was taunting you.

You snap out of your thoughts just as the doctor begins to speak. "So you're honestly expecting me to believe that you do not know this man?"

"I don't." You scoff while crossing your arms, but of course your curiosity gets the best of you. "Why?" 

"Because this sure looks like you, ma'am." Dr. Washington replies as you peak over to look at the pictures that were inside the locket. Your eyes instantly widen as a gasp leaves your lips, this was not fucking happening.

On the right side was a picture of five people. A young blonde girl stood between two adults who were each holding little babies. A man was on the left with a baby dressed in a pink-ish, red outfit but that's not what got your attention. It was the woman, the damn woman who looked almost identical to you. 

You swallow the lump in your throat and turn your gaze to the picture on the right. It was of the same man and woman, but they were kissing on a hill with a sunset behind them you. You cringe and smile at how cheesy it was. Quickly you snap yourself out of it, the woman. Right, that was your focus.

"Sir, that is not me." You state while shaking your head. "I swear to you, put me through a lie detector test or something! I do not know any of those people!"

"Ma'am, I am finding that hard to believe." Dr. Washington sighs. "Now please, has this man hit you? Is that why you are trying to lie to us?"

"Oh my god!" You shout. "No! I truly don't know him!"

"Y/N?" A croaky, broken voice calls from across the room. Both the doctor's and your head snap towards the source. Of fucking course. Now he was awake, just when you were trying to plea your case. 

You were completely and utterly screwed.

===========

This is completely and utterly unedited because it is like three in the morning and I am tired. BUT here you all go 'cause everyone was commenting and shit.

*Edit* I am also writing without my glasses and am completely blind, so spelling mistakes are not my fault.

Sorry, I'm crabby when I have loss of sleep (which has been happening more often than I'd like to admit, so if anyone has any helpful tips...I'm all ears)

Anyway, hope you all have a great day/night/evening/morning/whatever

-Author Out x2