Chapter Fourteen

Lights, that's all you could see. You hear car horns but you just can't make sense of it. Why were you blinded by lights? Why were the car horns so loud that you could barely hear yourself think? Was that a jet engine that just passed? You couldn't tell anymore.

It seemed all of the sounds were starting to mesh together (in a sense) until they all sounded the same, just loud. It made your head spin from pain as your brain tried to decipher everything. Finally, a hand reaches through the light, you couldn't tell who it belonged to but you knew that you'd take the chance.

You grab the hand with all of your strength and allow whoever it was to pull you free of the mess. Somehow, you're pulled to a place that looked like a hall for a wedding reception or something. All around you, people were smiling and some were even crying. 

You turn to see Jensen in front of you. He wore a suit and tie that made his green eyes shine brighter than ever before, but he also had tears in his eyes. Slowly you look down to see yourself in a wedding dress, one that you had to admit looked gorgeous. 

"May I cut in?" A voice questions. You turn to see your oldest brother smiling at you both. "I mean, I haven't seen my sister in ages!" 

"Chris." You gasp. (Literally I'm going to make up names for your siblings so things will be easier. Sorry not sorry) "Y-you're alive!"

"Of course I'm not!" Chris scoffs while waving you off. 

"I'm not either." Your other brother, Max, smiles while standing next to Chris. "We're dead, Y/N." 

"No. You're standing right here!" You whine. "At my...my wedding...?"

"This isn't your wedding, this is your brain trying to make a situation better." Chris rolls his eyes. "You're actually at our funeral." 

"Yeah, mom and dad figured out the news. They just haven't told you yet." Max adds. 

The world around you begins to change to something much more depressing. Instead of a beautiful dance floor, you were on a stage that overlooked chairs filled with people. Everyone was dressed in black with tears flowing down their cheeks. You look down to see that your beautiful white dress had changed to a char-like black. Almost as if someone had literally burned it.

"Y/N." Your mother's voice cries. "It is time to sit down, they're about to begin."

"What?" You whisper while looking around, Jensen was there. He was always there. "No, they....we were just at my..."

"Honey, please don't make this any worse." Your father shakes his head. "We know that you had to postpone the wedding, just please, sit down." 

"See, Y/N?" Chris's voice rings out. 

"We're dead, stop hoping, stop looking," Max continues.

"Because you will not find us." Chris adds.

"Instead, you'll crash and burn."

The plane going through turbulence forces you back into reality. You jolt awake and stiffen up, the memories of the nightmare hitting you like a brick wall. Jensen was asleep by the window and Mark was on his phone to your right. He was shaking his head, but he didn't say anything.

"That medication always did give you horrible dreams." Mark comments.

"How long was I out?" You inquire, not confirming his thoughts.

"An hour at most." Mark shrugs. "You fell asleep waiting for takeoff, so Jensen just carried you." 

"Jeez." You whisper without looking at the man to your left. Now you could feel his hand wrapped around your own, you didn't want to rip it away though. For some reason, it felt safe

"So what happened?" Mark questions while sliding his phone into his pocket. "Dream about a plane crash?" 

"That's not funny." You hiss.

"It is a little bit." He chuckles. "But really."

"My brothers." You shortly reply. 

Mark knew all about the situation of Max and Chris. He knew how they were MIA and how, like most people, they probably will never be found. Mark was there for you and your family when you were first notified and you knew he'd be there until the end, that's what you were grateful for. Though he was sometimes an ass, you couldn't live without him.

"I'm sorry." Mark sighs while rubbing his temples. "Probably not something you'd want to see when we're about to go back to Jensen's life."

"This has nothing to do with-"

"I can see how sad you're getting." Mark interrupts. "As we get closer, I know reality is dawning on you." 

"Shut up." You mumble. 

"Fine, what happened in the dream?" He demands. Another subject you didn't want to talk about.

"They just kept saying that they were dead." You shortly reply. "That they were dead and to stop hoping that they were still alive because apparently it's not going to happen."

"Who's dead?" Jensen's gruff voice questions as he stretches. You didn't even notice him starting to wake. 

"My soul." You grumble. "And my childhood."

"Woah, little dark there don't you think?" Mark inquires. 

"No." You mumble while closing your eyes. "Leave me alone, grandpa." 

Jensen was still horribly confused.

===

Sorry for not updating in a while. I've been pretty sick and am trying to get myself back to 100%. Thank you all for your patience and I'll try to update again soon.

-Author Out