Chapter Twenty-Four

Christmas Eve
Few Months Later
(yes, I'm a bitch who wants something cheesy, sue me)

You bounce your leg in anticipation. This was it, this was the day that you were going to tell Jensen that another baby was going to be added to the mix and that you both would be completely out numbered now. 

You had eventually said goodbye to your apartment and moved in with Jensen, much to his excitement because he couldn't handle living so close to his children for much longer. Though, you did love that part about the apartment the most. 

Gen, Jared, Misha, Victoria, and their children were all coming over to celebrate Christmas with you guys before everyone went to their families on Christmas Day. You continue to fret over the food, trying to get your mind away from all the worries that were clouding it. 

What if he was angry? He already had three kids anyway

What if he breaks down again? It took a while for you guys to get used to the fact that you were identical to his dead wife. Who, unlike you, died of cancer not three years prior! 

You had already told JJ because she found you puking in the bathroom a few days ago, the young girl promised not to tell her father and somehow she has definitely kept her promise. 

You quickly rearrange the crackers again, your mind forcing your hands to arrange them by the dots that appeared on each side. "You need help." JJ comments while sitting on the breakfast bar. She steals a cracker from the plate and stares at you with an innocent gaze. "Aunt Gen told me this would happen."

"Did she now?" You inquire with a smile. 

"Uhm." JJ nods. "She said that you'd freak out and try not telling Daddy."

"Really?" You chuckle while internally cursing Gen.

"She said if that happens, we'll take things into our own hands." JJ smiles. "That's why I've made sure not to tell Daddy at all." 

"Tell me what?" Jensen inquires while stepping into the room. His eyes gaze over the food, stopping once at the crackers with a confused expression before looking at you with a smile on his face. "The twins are down and everything is cleaned to perfection, you my dear, just have to get dressed."

"Oh crap." You grumble while looking down at your sweatpants. "I forgot about myself!"

"That's okay, I think you look sexy." Jensen smiles while wrapping his arm around your waist for a kiss. 

"Yeah, I'm still not telling you anything." You deny while stepping away from him and towards your shared bedroom. "It's part of your present, you're not getting a word from either of us!"

With that, you turn on your heel and walk away from him with a smile on your face. Quickly, you slow down just to hear him talk to JJ. "You won't even tell me for cookies?! Who are you and what have you done to my daughter?!"

Few Hours Later
Living Room

Everyone sits on the couches and chairs, watching the kids open their gifts from you guys with smiles on their faces. If this was how they were going to react for this stuff, you couldn't wait to see JJ's face tomorrow for Christmas morning when 'Santa' came. 

"Alright." Gen claps her hands as the children that could run leave the room with their toys. "Adults turn!"

Immediately, you all start passing out gifts to one another. You got Gen and Victoria wine carriers that each had cute sayings on them that tailored to each girl, along with slipper socks and a coupon to get their nails done. 

You knew that they got you baby stuff and you made sure not to open your gifts until Jensen opened his, just so the surprise wasn't spoiled for the clueless guys that sat around your tight group of girls. 

"Jensen." Gen smiles while placing her hand on Jared's to stop him from ripping the wrapping paper. "Why don't you open your gift?"

"Actually." You smile. "I want the guys to open theirs at the same time, they kinda go together." 

All three men look at you with confused expressions, but you just shrug and gesture for them to pick up the red bags that sat by their feet. Misha looks at Jared, who looks at Jensen, who looks at you, and then back towards his friends. 

"Is this your girls' way of murdering us once and for all?" Jared jokes.

"You'll see." Victoria smiles while nudging your shoulder. "Go on, open them!"

The boys, at the same time, throw the tissue paper out of the bags and pick up the black shirts that you had purchased. Jared's and Misha's both had shirts that read 'brand new uncles' and Jensen had a shirt that said 'If you read all of this shirt you will find out that I'm pregnant.'

The room goes silent as Misha and Jared lean over to read Jensen's shirt. He stares at it for a while, not looking at you. You bite your lip out of nerves as he finally makes eye contact with you. 

"Don't mess this up, dude." Jared warns, Jensen glares at him. 

"You're really pregnant?" He questions.

"Yeah." You nod. "I didn't tell you at first because it wasn't a for-sure...well because of the cancer and we're not in the clear yet but I've already started to grow and I don't want you thinking something else happened or that I lied to you or something and I just wanted-"

Jensen interrupts your nervous rambling by jumping up from the couch to pull you into a kiss. Misha starts to clap as everyone else laughs and stands to pull the two of you apart. Congratulations are thrown around before everyone goes back to open the rest of the gifts. 

Which, you were right about. Both Gen and Victoria had splurged to get you baby necessities, despite the gender not being known yet. Oh, those two were going to give you a run for your money. 

The hard part came now, though, telling your parents and brother. Yeah, that one was probably going to kill you.