4

T H E N

The track blurred below you as you felt a surge of adrenaline. The steady thump of my footstep echoed in your ears and you felt a bead of sweat roll down your forehead.

The only thing stopping you was fatigue, but you wouldn't let that get the best of you until you met your mark.

"Time," you muttered as you slowed down to catch your breath and looked at your watch to see you broke your record. You were elated that your time went down but you knew there was room for improvement.

You learned as a runner the true meaning of "giving it your all." It means giving until you think you're spent and then finding more to give anyway. That kind of endurance is without a doubt the most valuable lesson I ever learned.

All of a sudden, you heard someone clapping. You turned towards the person and noticed a boy looking at her. He was a very tall and fit man. He possessed handsome white sclerae while retaining the deep blue irises of his eyes. His hair was spiky, disheveled with two locks of hair falling in front of his face.

For his frame, his clothes were fitting in the right places and you could tell.

"Wait a minute...wasn't this the kid that was number 1 in the class?" you thought, "W-What is h-h-he doing here watching me..."

And just like that, your blush seared through your cheeks, kissing it pink like a spring rose, the blooming color so cute against her freckled skin.

"H-Hello T-Toshinori," you said while walking towards your stuff, trying to act normal especially around one of the hottest guys in Yuuei.

"Hey ...Hana." He said in a very deep voice, looking slightly embarrassed, "I was just walking in the area and noticed you running here...I'm really impressed with how fast you are."

He started at you hopelessly, more embarrassed by the second and he couldn't even keep his composure. Between you and him, it was just plain awkwardness.

"O-Oh...Thank you," I muttered as I bowed towards him and grabbed my bag and water, "I really must get ready for school now, it was nice seeing y-you, -T-Toshinori."

"W-Wait!" Toshinori called out, "Since we are heading the same way, would you like to walk together and I don't mind waiting for you."

"N-no," you studdered, "It's okay...I mean I need to change and th-that can take a while."

"I guess I will just have to wait for you then," Toshinori said while walking next to you.

Now your face became the color of a bad sunburn. Your blush was burning through your cheeks and your face felt like a hot oven. You suddenly felt awkward as you attempted to hide your rosy cheeks behind your skinny fingers. You couldn't bear it and charged in the direction of your home with Toshinori running and calling after you.

Not even a minute had passed when he ran up to you, touched your arm.

That's when you passed out.

N O W

Slowly and reluctantly, Serah uncovers her face. She blinked, closed her eyes, and blinked again. Streaks of sunlight penetrate the window and the blinded her. She rose up from the bed and turned her head to see you sleeping in the chair next to the bed.