21.

The air was crisp and fresh as the morning sun rose. The breeze softly flowed between the blades of grass as the springtime birds began to sing their songs. The sun reflected flawlessly off the pond as the water sat still and clear as crystals, the only disturbance, the family of ducklings floating about contently, added shimmering ripples to the scene. The morning flowers began to open, exposing their deep hues of every color and releasing the sweet smell of the spring into the air.

Yet spring wasn't blooming the way that you wanted it for you today. Today you knew you and All Might would have to meet and discuss the main question: Why did you leave 5 years ago?

You knew he wasn't going to let you go without receiving an answer and running away wasn't an option either. But you knew this was an opportunity for you as well to ask your questions as well, most that are geared towards Izuka Midoriya.

You walked up towards the benches and took your seat focusing on the scene in front of you, the track where you spoke to Toshinori for the first time.

"Its like laps with you and I, Toshinori...everytime I run you are always right there behind me following me in my footsteps. Running takes that catharsis out entirely on ourselves and our relationship."

"Hey Hana," Toshinori said as he walked towards you with a small smile on his face. You didn't even know what kind of expression you could have. He has changed in the last five years you saw him, drastically at that. He had a skinny man frame with angular features and long limbs, to the point that it was borderline sickly.

"Hey Toshinori," you muttered as he took his seat beside you and looked at the track just as you did.

The silence was a poison to you both, for in that void of sound the shallowness of both of your conversations were laid bare. What would have been a romantic banter of the future together as heroes and as people, or even how much you both has been the final ingredient to spark each other's excitement and bring each other to life moments was utterly vapid. and, because of what? Because of the distance, you chose to put you both through for a period of 5 years?

"I am going to be direct with you on this," Toshinori started, "Why did you leave me 5 years after the battle?"

"I did it to protect you and Serah," you muttered, "I knew with our reputation building up and our relationship going public when we joined the same agency, the attention would follow. When I found an abandoned baby, Serah, and saw you scathed with wounds and the nasty wound on your side, I assumed that by being away I can best protect Serah and to prevent another catastrophe like that to ever happy again..."

"So you ran away to try to protect me and Serah?" Toshinori asked pondering on what you just said.

"Yes, I thought that bring distance between us and killing my reputation as being a great hero alongside you would not draw much villans towards her and to decrease crime, to which it worked until that day with the sludge villain," you said, "That not only increased crime slightly but also drew attention towards Serah's being and linked her to being a communication line to me."

"Hm," Toshinori started, "You told me she is your adopted daughter, why is her quirk appearance similar to yours and when we fought the Nomu...you pulled a blade out of her body...what kind of power...?"

You sighed knowing this wasn't the right place to have this conversation, especially in the open around so many people roaming. It was impossible to know who was a villain but then again they were unable to detect that both you and Toshinori were heroes. If anything, this would come across as you both talking about recent events.

"What are you asking Toshinori?" you questioned.

"What is your quirk?"Toshinori asked, "You never really revealed your quirk when we attended Yuuei and even while we were together you never told me about it."