14

N O W

The media was everywhere around the school attempting to get footage of the scene before them. The noise soon started to get louder and louder and louder to you until all that could be heard was the deafening noise. Students and teachers were running out of the school, covered in soot from head to toe, huddling together to witness the roaring fire devastating the school and houses nearby.

"It is live! The school is still burning while many pro heroes are fighting to save the children from the school in which most are accounted for. They are looking for one child who seems to be the light of many of her classmates." the news reporter reported.

"Do you have all the students here?" one of the pro heroes asked.

"Everyone but Serah is accounted for!" one of the Teacher assistant's yelled.

"Serah!" you thought. Your fingers were jumping rhythmically, as if in spasm...And then your legs gently folded and you subsided slowly on the step, ungainly as a marionette...Your bowels suddenly churned. Oh God, you prayed, not to let anything happen to Serah.

You ran to the fire before you and noticed a team of pro-heroes putting the water down from the fire. Suddenly, the incandescent flames erupted scattering fragmented glass and debris several yards away. 

"Everyone evacuate the area!" a pro yelled as the teacher's escorted the students out the area. The media ran out of the area along with the pro heroes as you looked at the blazing flames. Eyes widening, you went silent as the embers flickered while you watched them devour the school.

Words couldn't describe how sad you felt but you knew that these flames didn't just start naturally, they were caused by someone.

You soon quickly ran out of the vicinity of the flames and headed around the building to see three figures walk out of the flames completely unharmed.

"Well Kurogiri, I do have to thank the press for their continuous efforts in making finding this little gem easier to kidnap," a pale, skinny man with messy light blue hair stated.

Soon enough you caught sight of Serah unconscious in the arms of one out of two large black humanoid monsters. The one holding Serah's body was very muscular and had no scars on it and the other one was the same replica only with many scars.

"We should be heading to the training facility where All Might is at," Shiragaki said, "Kurogiri, open a portal for us and contact all the villains, we are gonna need them to stop both All Might and the Paragon of Virtue."

"Of course," Kurogiri stated while manipulating his body to create a portal and open a gate to which they leave, "Nomu 2, protect that girl."

Nomu screeched opening its mouth, fully consuming Serah within itself. You were now beyond shock from what was happening but knew you couldn't do anything against them right this moment, especially with so many pedestrians in the area, they would know who you were.

Meanwhile, you glared at the fact that they kidnapped Serah only to lure you in. Anger swirled inside of you as you normal attire began to disintegrate from your body, and take your hero form.

"I am coming  to save you, Serah..."

T H E N

You raised your hand and began to charge. She struck at the tree with all her efforts. Even though the blows were powerful, you were getting frustrated on why you couldn't get the scene of Toshinori out of your head.

You jumped away from the tree and stood there to observe it, expecting it to say something back but you knew that wouldn't be the case.

You immediately struck the tree once again, focusing on making your blows stronger, and your movements more flexible. Without levelling out our power, you forced a blow on the tree, landing one on the front side of it, causing it tip over.

You looked at your hand, noticing the fresh bruises that covered it but you couldn't care. this was nothing compared to the heartbreak you were feeling. It was because of it, you didn't go to school.

Unbeknownst to them, this heartbreak Toshinori caused you was your grief that came in waves, gruelling, stealing appetite and sleep alike. It was a shard in your gut that never left. It feels like death just the same as bereavement and in quiet moments it chokes the breath from your body and short circuits your mind.

You couldn't bear to see Toshinori anymore, he didn't care about you an clearly moved on, so why couldn't you. Why did a pain like this even get this bad?

"I wish I never met him," you muttered with hope at the thought that you and Toshinori could have been something, "I can't believe he played me like that!"

You pushed your hair back from your own frustration.

"I loved HIM! I admired HIM! I did everything I could to help YOU be the best! To be number 1 for the world and to be MY number 1 hero! And what does HE do? He cheats on his girlfriend! He played me!" you yelled while you stood with your chest out and your fist clenched. Your anger was fuming off of your very being.

Soon your features soften as you looked at the broken tree before you. Your anger was soon replaced with regret and sadness. You couldn't tell anymore.

You kneeled before the tree and placed your hand over the trump of the tree and slowly began to repair it back together. 

Its roots slowly grew out and reattached itself to the trump. The scratches you placed on it, slowly faded until it was no longer visible.

Before you knew it, the tree was back to its original state. You took leaned against the tree and soon slid down the bark. You brought your knees up to your face to cover it and began to cry yourself to sleep: something you did every night since that day...

Toshinori's POV (3rd POV)

"I knew I was responsible for Hana not showing up to school. Everyone at school began to wonder what happened to her. Even Enji seemed to simmer down, which was a shock to many of us in the class." Toshinori thought, "I wanted to talk to her...I want to talk to her so bad, but I couldn't...why?"

He walked towards the area where he first saw Hana and noticed her asleep under the tree. He slowly walked towards her, making sure not to make any noise.

Soon he got down on his knees and gazed at her tear-stained face, even though it was red, it still held the beauty that he admired about it. It was white, like a porcelain doll. It had a certain look of peace on it. Her mouth was slightly open as she took small breaths. 

He soon took time to watch her chest rise and fall in a rhythmic manner. Random strands of her hair randomly fell on her face. to him, she looked beautiful. Like an angel.

Seeing her like this, reminded Toshinori how much of a prick he was. How could he hurt someone who looked so innocent and cared deeply for him? Someone, who always put others before herself? Those thoughts were always in the back of his mind every time he saw her. She was so shy and angelic. If that was what she was, what was he? Her exact opposite in this situation. He hurt such a loving person for his own selfish needs and now it is too late.

"You deserve better," Toshinori whispered in her ear, "I wanted to tell you that day that I fell in love with you and I still am in love with you."

"I love you Toshinori," she whispered back. Toshinori's eyes widen in shock but knew that she was still asleep, "Why did you do this to me?"

He was still shocked at the fact that she was making these questions in her sleep. He dreaded answering her question because he knew that when sunrise comes, she wouldn't remember any of this. But his body, did as it did before when he kissed her, betrayed him as he leaned down towards her ear.

"Don't worry. I'll never hurt you ever again. That's a promise." After he said those words, a small smile graced her lips. Toshinori smiled back down at her, he decided to bring her home and tuck her into her bed.

He walked over to the doors and slowly shut them. Making sure to not wake her.

"I'll keep my promise Hana, whether you know or not," Toshinori said once he jumped from her balcony to a nearby rooftop and started to head to his own home.

"I'll be your Number one hero!"