16

T H E N

"Love a soft person. The ones who are positive, even in the worst of circumstances. Someone whose strength is not in bravado, but in their quiet. Someone who is strong for others because that is what is needed at that moment. Someone who is the moon that soothes instead of the sun that burns. Someone who sees the very best in people even when you think they aren't worth it. The kind of person who always wants to do the best for those they love."

That is All Might for you, the very person willing to sacrifice his own life to give another person a chance to live whether it be for 1 more day.

"Hana, are you doing anything today?" Toshinori asked while walking down the street with you while holding both of your school bags in your hand.

"No, I'm not really ...." You said while looking at the ground. Slightly blushing.

"That's a blessing..." he muttered until he began to cough and quickly change the subject to "Do you want to get something to eat with me? As friends?" From your perspective, you can see Toshinori was not liking that word. ' Friends '. It left a sour taste in his mouth. At least when it referred to you...maybe. You both knew that he could settle for friends. But he wanted a whole lot more...but out of respect to your wishes, he isn't pushing through.

"Sure, that would be nice." You said while smiling. You were inwardly grateful. You didn't want to go home to sit in your room all by yourself. Plus, you still had feelings for Toshinori. It was not a crush, but short of love. It was short of love, right?

Toshinori thought about where to take you. I guess maybe you knew he didn't want to take your first meet up- the cafe. He probably didn't want to take you back there because of the met up with the girl he supposedly didn't go on a 'date'. ' There has to be someplace he could take you and you would like.

You were rather surprised that Toshinori and yourself passed the cafe without even a second glance. When he said "out to eat" you assumed that it would be at that same cafe that the staff always had food ready for him. It had come across to you as strange that he would just pass it. But you merely followed.

"Are you going to tell me where we're going?" You asked eager to know.

Toshinori smirked. "It's a surprise."

You looked around for a clue as to where they were going but nothing gave you any indication and Toshinori remained firmly tight-lipped.

They turned a corner and Toshinori suddenly stopped. It was a small corner restaurant. It was relatively cheap, it had good food, and best of all, You had never been there yet, so it would be a surprise for yourself. Toshinori smiled, grabbed you by the hand, and lead you inside.

While Toshinori was pulling you, you looked outside the small restaurant. It looked "homey." But you still couldn't get it out of your mind that Toshinori took you to a restaurant and not to the cafe.

When you both sat down. You looked at him questioningly. "Kind of a nice place for just friends."

"I wanted to surprise you." Toshinori did the familiar gesture of putting his hand behind his head and smiling. As a matter of fact, he really hadn't stopped smiling since you agreed you both could be friends.

"That is very nice of you." The waiter came and set down two glasses of water, and asked you both what you both would like.

"Can I have some vegetable gyoza please?" Toshinori said. You just looked at him. "If you were just going to get gyoza, why did we come here?"

"I figured you would want something different."

"Ok then, I will take the Oyakodon please," you said smiling while giving the waiter the menu. When he left, Toshinori began to talk.

"Hana, why are you so upset about coming here?" Toshinori asked curiously.

"I'm not upset, it was just unexpected. I'm not used to being treated like this..." you muttered the last part while blushing heavily while scratching your cheek causing Toshinori to smile and push your hand away from your face.

Your heart hammered in your chest as you focused your attention on both of your hands.You unfurled your fingers and let his slip around yours until you could feel the heat of his palm pressed against your own. Glancing over at Toshinori, you saw that he was staring right at you, which made you blush more than you were.

"D-don't look at me like that..."

"Like what?"

"The way you are looking at me r-right now..."

"I am not looking at you any other way unless you feel embarrassed when I stare at you..."

"I-I'm n-n-not embarrassed,"

"You know, you look really cute when you're embarrassed."

"Stop Toshinori!"

"Why? You deserve compliments when they are true!" Toshinori said

Your face was completely red and you tried your hardest to hide it in your hands but Toshinori wasn't let go anytime soon. All he was doing was just looking at you and saying things that you would have never thought to hear him say before and it was enough to get you all mushy and completely red.

"Here's your order!"

Taking a sip of your warm tea, you smiled as the warm liquid made its way down your throat and throughout your entire body. You both ate in silence, avoiding contact until you both were done and ready to leave.

It was always things like this Toshinori that made me fall more in love with you. It was something that I liked about you. You always strived to make me happy and feel appreciated. Heck, you did it for anyone who needed it. Something that defined you...you are the symbol of peace and the hope that everyone looks up to...