32

3 hours before.

The pounding in your head was what woke you up.
You groaned as you shifted, eyes fluttering open slowly to take in your surroundings.
The wound on your side stung a little and your fingers ran over the flesh, wincing slightly at the pain.

The cell you were in was dingy. A single light swung from the ceiling, the entire room yellow.

And then all your memories swam into your head at once.

"Namjoon," You gasped, whipping your head side to side out of the blue.

His words rang in your mind and you immediately scrambled to your feet, eyes searching for a single hint, a single clue of something that Namjoon would have left behind.

Nine. Not eight, nine.

"Look for the moon, and open it. It's part of the plan Y/N, trust me."

Look for the moon. What the fuck was that supposed to mean?

Your hands trailed the side of the cell wall, searching for a possible window that may give you a sight to the literal moon. The only hint of the outside was the tiniest sliver of space way above your head, the gap so small that your eye would not be able to make out anything from it.

Your heart pounded as you made sure to check every cranny in the cell, every corner and every dusty shelf that sent dust flying everywhere. Your hands blindly searched in the dim lighting, patting each stone laid in the floor.

Nothing.

Panic began to set in as you slumped down in defeat, eyes wide and chest heaving. No clue. Scared, your eyes stung a bit as a sudden ray of light hit them, leaking from the small hole in the wall that you had seen earlier. You moved out of the way quickly, cursing at how annoying the little light beam was. The light was silver, serene, tiny. You could see the little dust specks swirling around, almost as if it came from the moon.

Wait.

The moon.

You watched partly in amazement as the trickle of light seemed to move by itself, shining a single line that went across the floor slowly. Before it finally stopped, on one single stone in the floor, coloured a bit darker than the others.

And there lay your moon pendant that you had kept for all these years, blending in with the stone almost perfectly that without the ray of light, you would have never noticed it.

You internally thanked Kim Namjoon's intelligence as you scrambled to the spot, hands wrapping around the pendant in a bit of desperation.
You grasped it tightly, much like to how you grasped it before, but this time with a different purpose.

Look for the moon. And open it.

Your fingers fumbled slightly as they wrapped around the bottom and top part of the item, teeth gritting as you twisted it as hard as you could.
The metal gave way, and your eyes laid on a set of keys along with a single note.

Well done. Use the keys to get the other members, quick. I'm going to distract PD-Nim and prove my loyalty to you. Nine will be waiting.