Breakout

Heyo my lil plums! Sorry for the hiatus! And when I mean hiatus, I mean HIATUS. It was a long one and I really apologize. I haven't even retrieved my memos yet for the story but once I do, I will definitely be updating more often! Another chapter will be out soon, I PROMISE. And yes, this chapter will be part of the plot further in the story and not just a guessing chapter where I just make a useless chapter to keep you guys here and wasting your time hahaha. ENJOY!!

I would get more than bored and lonely in that cell. The only thing I ever did was look in the mirror hanging next to the end of my metal framed bed and worn mattress and stare at my own reflection for a while. I would take in my appearance and think. I would part my hair to the right, wondering if Star would've liked it that way or if she preferred it parted left. I just couldn't help but wonder it. It was weird.

Though, there was one thing that I couldn't deny. She was always fond of my demon eyes. And I could see why as well. They were a vivid green, almost always twinkling like fireflies. Ever since she had told me that night in the cellar, I never strangely forgot.

My dark horns and jagged fangs were menacing, though even I could see why Star liked my eyes.

Comet had come in too at that same moment, carrying multiple things in her full arms. She had brought my dinner as well as a new blanket since I had told her of my already-tearing blanket that I could hardly ignore anymore. She had even snuck me a bouncy ball and slinky for when times were slow and unbearably boring. She knew it was not respectively allowed to spoil me so much, but she secretly felt sympathy for me. I was only a kid anyway. This, she knew.

After I had eaten, I tucked into my new sheets, yet only seemed to shut my eyes for, what felt like a few minutes, before a loud clatter from outside my cell had made me jump upright and snap my eyes back open. The racket was followed by a grumble of frustration, almost sounding like someone had tripped over a bucket and other possible cleaning supplies.

“Ugh, pegasus feathers!” A voice had muttered, almost as if the unusual remark was the presence of a swear.

I rose from my bed, instinctively recognizing the harp-like voice. I couldn't resist a chortle and a single eye roll. I knew Star when I heard her coming, even if she wasn't the best at being exactly as stealthy as a cat.

“Star!”

Instantly, I was hushed. She came into view on the other side of the prison bars with her finger to her mouth. “I'm not supposed to be here.” She went on in a whisper. She turned her head in both directions as if to make sure she hadn't been found out.

The first thing I had noticed about her was her wardrobe change. She was wearing a bright pink sleeveless crop top with a white collar at the neck and a white high waisted, short pettiskirt. She even wore light pink, winged high tops to match the rest of her.

Then I noticed her wings. They had been revived and were just as white as they were the first night I had met her. Even her halo was back, bright and as shining as ever.

This, I had pointed out to her.

Star went on to saying how her "Grandma Comet" had convinced the angel officials to not lock her up yet they had insisted that if she were to stay, she needed, what Star called, “angel rehab”.

Although they couldn't fix her blackened wings entirely and give her back her halo, they had given her a mock halo as well as dyed her wings white. Of course, until she had been proven innocent or guilty in court, she would keep her privileged wings and halo, except they would become real instead of dyed and mocked.