*Q & A*

Heyo nerds and skittles and peeps! Yes, I know I am a bit of a tease and you probably thought this was a new chapter but that will have to wait. Haha but really, I'm working on this story and refuse to let it go unwritten and unfinished. I will not stop until the last chapter of this story is completed, don't worry!

...

This update is dedicated to some questions that I have gotten in the past along with some new, unasked questions that I have asked myself would confuzzle some readers as I had read back and yes, I reread my stories all the time. I still go back and reread chapter one of Painted Lies and Demon Eyes. But, without further delay, here is the Q&A as the title states! Enjoy and I hope this clears up some questions you may have not known you had. Maybe this conjures up other wonders you have of this story and if so, feel free to ask in the comments and I will reply!

...

Q: In the first chapter, Tom asks Marco what the earliest thing is in his life that he remembers. Why does he do this?

A: Tom is the only one who remembers the night of Star's death. He is lonely with his thoughts, considering Marco doesn't recall a thing due to a spell that wiped his mind of his old life and given him a new one. Tom has no one to talk to about the traumatic event or even remember it with him. With Marco being oblivious to his own past, Tom is alone. The emotions of the event chew at him more and more and in order to feel better, he needs to be reassured that Marco remembers what happened, even if he has this new, fake life.

"What is the earliest thing in your life that you remember?"

This was an opening, lead question to a string of questions after it. Tom's mind was in shambles and needed to confirm Marco's state of mind to see if his spell had erased his memories and what new memories he might have possessed. Tom had hoped for Marco to recall a childhood memory of him as a human, yet his answer was a memory of a fake life in the Underworld.

In that second that Tom had spelled him, Marco had forgotten about Star of course, but had also learned how to fly with his own wings, been raised by King Lucitor, forgot how to dance, forgot how to cook, and had even forgotten how to swim. This is also an explanation as to why he does not know how to swim in Ascension. His demonic lifestyle and memories of a different life and upbringing has never allowed him to once need to know the skill of swimming. He "grew up" underground. No water there, unless that is, you count a giant beach of lava.

...

Q: Why did King Lucitor have Star's corset tightened so tight before the wedding ceremony?

A: King Lucitor, aside from the actual canon King Lucitor on SVTFOE, he is what I would have pictured him being. He is a tough, brute, always-on-edge guy. He is the King! He has the physical and mental attributes for being the King of the Underworld, including the anger and excessively built height and body. If something does not go his way, he will make it go his way. He takes what he wants and answers to no one. Tom has learned what he has known from his dad.

It is Star's refusal to go through with the marriage to make him respond the way he did. He knows how to be manipulative and tying Star's corset for her wedding dress was a clever scheme for him to make sure nothing would go the way he didn't plan it. Tying her corset would make her out of breath. Star would suffocate and become too exhausted to physically fight or object verbally.

...

Q: Why did Marco turn into a demon? What caused it?

A: Before the incident, Star and Marco had become bonded during the Blood Moon Ball. The blood moon had bonded them together. It's almost like a marriage vow - bonded together, "'til death do us part". The blood moon is also a demonic kind of magic, as it has its own ball in its honor in the Underworld. It watches over the chosen ones, Star and Marco.