*Songs For Characters*

Hey y'all! I am officially done with finals and now I get to celebrate summer! Yay! But I've also decided to dedicate this chapter to some songs I found that just seemed to fit for everyone in Ascension so enjoy!

...

Tom - Thanks to his dad's spell on him, Tom is a new demon, reborn in a way. His intentions in Ascension have been completely altered. He is more wicked and sly. His deeper, demon genetics have been awakened by King Lucitor's spell. Tom is now a corrupted form of himself.

As for his goals, he now tries relentlessly and forcefully to capture Star's heart and claim her as his own. He may also want to cause trouble for Marco along the way, as he sees him as a threat to get to Star. Though Star is the complete opposite of interested in Tom, she becomes more and more disgusted in Tom throughout the first book, PL&DE, but he will stop at nothing to get her back. With his new consumed self taking over, he will know no boundaries to get what he wants. He knows no moralities whatsoever and has discarded everything he has known to take Star for himself and get rid of Marco for good.

Tom is proud to call himself a demon and, with his new spell to shed his outer human-like pysch, he is now everything his dad wanted him to be. No morals, no mercy, and no shame. His curse has reinvented him for the worst... and he wouldn't want it any other way.

Here are some songs that remind me of my AU of Tom in Ascension!

...

Emperor's New Clothes - Panic! At The Disco

Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Lorde

Reckless - Special D.

Street Fight - Adam Jensen

The Haunting - Set It Off

...

Star - Star remains her bubbly and chirpy self for the most part. She looks for hope and the bright side of things in the dark times that she is going through in this story. She believes there is always light in a situation and if this story is the dark and depressing grey canvas with an overly depressing and death-relating storyline, she is the splash of vibrant colors to make everything better. She is the ray of sunshine that brings the fluff and giggles. She is also sweet and gentle and caring but can also be incredibly clumsy, loud, and spontaneous when she wants to be. Lectures and adult authority bore and aggravate her and she is only interested into breaking the rules and creating her own.

Her goals do not change a lot throughout this story. She still wishes the best for Marco and wants to be with him, despite what everyone thinks of him. She knows that he is a tender soul and wants to help him regain his former self and collect the bits and pieces of his memories that has been wiped from his mind. She is there for his emotional support as well as his whole psych. Star wants Marco to know that, even though things are tough, he will be okay and everything will work itself out eventually. And as Marco recollects his memories, Star opens up more of her feelings towards Marco and falls in love with him more and more. She would do anything for him, even if it meant crawling to the ends of the universe to find what he needed.

On a much darker note, she struggles with her own inner turmoil. Star desperately wishes for her life back and, not willing to come to terms with her status of being dead, will find anyway to get her own life back, whatever it takes. She does not want to believe the harsh reality that she is dead and has no way out of her own fate. All the angels that she has asked for her life back have told her one thing: "I'm sorry, Princess. There is nothing we can do to turn back the clock." Still, she refuses to believe it.