Fix Me {3}

Jace's POV

Here I am. In the park, come to think of it, this is where I first saw Kim. Her little brother had dropped his bear and I picked up. She thanked me of course and we became friends. I never thought I'd be here faking to like her. I didn't even think it would come this fucking far. Being in relationships were never my forte, my attitude was bad they always said.

I sat on the bench, looking up at the grey clouded sky. Not a pretty sight, might I add. Someone sat down next to me, someone really light. I looked over slyly to see Gabriel. The white of his usually clear and beautiful eyes were bloodshot. And the purple orbs were dull and dark. I was at a loss for words, I didn't want to step on an emotional land mine and like he'll just die of tears or something.

He caught my gaze and his little eyes teared up. Begging for attention, or someone to just give him a hug. I sighed and hugged him tightly. Almost immediately he grabbed my shirt and was quaking with sobs. I patted him gently as he let out all of his frustrations, sorrow, and whatever else onto my shoulder in the form of tears.

"I don't know what happened.. But I guess I'm here.." I said blushing lightly.

I have no idea what possessed me to tell him that, but I'm sure that's exactly what he wanted to hear. I moved my hand to his head and stroked his hair, which was surprisingly soft, to comfort him further and quiet him down.

"It's hard.." He breathed out in between his snivels.

What does he mean?

His shaking calmed and he just laid there on my shoulder, trying to catch his breath.

"Have you ever... Felt like that, you're alone and you have no where to go.." He said into my shoulder.

I shook my head. "Can't say I have."

"I mean, it'll get easier I know.. But I don't want to lose anyone because of it." His voice cracked as he said that.

I didn't respond. I had no idea what he was talking about and prying won't help. Me being me, I don't feel bad for people, but whatever's going on with Gaberiel; he doesn't deserve it. I pulled him farther into lap, holding him like a child. There was no protest, he nestled his face in my chest. I pet him like he was cat and could've sworn he purred.

Highly doubt that.

"Jace.." He whispered.

Ba-thump ba-thump..

"Yeah?" I retorted.

Ba-thump ba-thump..

"Thank you.. So much.." He said even quieter, squeezing me.

Ba-thump ba-thump ba-thump..

"Uh no problem.." I said

sheepishly.

He's like too cute.. I know its gay to think, but my god.

"Can I get your.. Number, Jace?" Gabriel wouldn't look at me as I said this.

I nodded not making eye contact with him either. He became restless in my arms and took out his phone. I slowly and clearly gave him the digits, getting a text only seconds later.

The text read:

Hi Jace ^w^

I smiled and ruffled his hair playfully. He giggled at this. May I mention , not once did he make a move to leave my lap! Not that I care.. Or anything.. We talked on that park bench for awhile, chatting away like 2 old women. By this time, the clouds had drifted away showing the gorgeous colors of the setting sun.