Fix Me {4}

Gabriel's POV

No no no..

Why did I even..? I'm disgusting, I wanna die in a hole somewheeeere.. I held my head down, letting the hot water beat down on my back. So ashamed, I don't think I can face him today. And to be so casual while texting him after did that while thinking about him! Much wow. Such amaze.

I groaned and covered my face. I cleansed my body and hair then went to get dressed. I don't wanna bother even doing my hair. Just comb it to make it look okay. I got dressed, modeling a red sports jacket with a black dress shirt underneath, black skinnies, and black Toms. Before I left home, I combed out some thick, tangled curls in my bangs.

Damn this 'Curlvy' hair.

My dad was lounging in the kitchen with his newspaper and coffee. Looking like one of those cartoon dads. Who are like over dadly. I hurried out so my dad wouldn't notice me, he's probably upset about me not going to church. Too early to deal with that, y'know?

Just as he was going to say something, I sprinted out the door. I slowed and tried my best to think of ways if keeping the conversation not awkward 1st period. I never ceased to walk as I pondered this, subconsciously I got to school before I even realized it. With no answer in hand, I'll wing it, it wont be that bad anyway.

Jace sat our lab table with his head down. Walked up and patted his back

"Wakey Wakey sleepy head!" I said cheerfully.

He looked up at me with dark circles around his eyes and a menacing scowl. I gulped and immediately averted my eyes elsewhere then just sat down.

"Sorry. Just woke up with fire crotch.. Little upset.." He mumbled.

Fire crotch? Sounds painful.

Class was very uneventful with Jace being in a bad mood. I left him alone and went with the girls afterwards. He didn't protest, I didn't wanna get caught in his anger. We no other classes together, but I do see him constantly. All in all, it won't be a fun day.

***

At the end of the day, I saw Jace as he was headed to his car. I flagged him down and practically jumped on his back.

Assuming this is what normal guys do.

He looked at me lazily and I smiled. He seemed better so now we can start getting close and being legit friends. I'm happy because being completely honest, I have no other friends. And those girls, who I don't even know the names of, are just last resorts. Which.. Is pretty much.. All the time. This is a nice change though.. Maybe I can make a move on him later down the road of our friendship.

Wink wink.

"Hey church boy." He said dryly.

"Mind if I tag along?" I asked sweetly.

He shrugged.

"I was just gonna go home. But you can come too." He yawned.

"Your so boring!" I teased, getting in the passenger's seat.

We drove along and we stopped in front of a house. Im pretty sure it's his. He casually lit a cigarette and opened the window a bit. The smoke was burning my nostrils, I wiggled my nose to get my mind off it.

"What are you doing?" He questioned, blowing a cloud of smoke in my face.

"Waaaaahh! So mean!" I cried, playfully hitting his arm.

He giggled and wrapped his arm around my neck, the cigarette dangling from his pale pink lips. Which look very inviting might I add. We stood at a stand still here, faces inches from each other. The cigarettes faint glow was going out already. He put it out in the ash tray and looked me in the eyes. He has some pretty brown eyes, light brown; almost hazel. I licked my lips and he did the same. And my god, my heart was beating like crazy. He pulled up that middle console thingie and drew me closer my body was twisted in an awkward position, but it was comfortable enough. I placed my hands on his chest.