Fix Me {6}

Gabriel's POV

Over the next few days, Kim had become quite attached to me, pulling me away from Jace (apart from 1st period). I don't understand why though, I just left her to her own devices. We had taken to having lunch together lately and I went to meet her at our usual spot, but there I found her talking with Jace. I giggled to myself and crept over close enough to hear their conversation.

They're so cute together!

"I wanna break up." She said emotionlessly.

Huh?

"Ok, I felt the same for awhile now. I'm glad we can end it on your terms." He retorted, sounding almost relieved.

She didn't like that obviously and scoffed in disgust. It was at this point that her words became venomous and harsh.

"Don't try to make up excuses to hide the pain! You know you'll miss me!" She shot at him.

"Whatever you say woman." He said, still sounding unaffected.

She was getting even more upset, I guess she was hoping he'd be more hurt? Or more of a dramatic and messy breakup? I'd rather more of a clean break. But who knows, females are so weird.

"Well, I'm guessing this is all wrapped up. And Gabe you can come out now!" He called out.

I became flustered and slid out if my hiding spot. Kim looked at me surprised and equally embarassed.

I didn't think he knew I was there..

Jace called me over to his side and I obeyed. He draped his arm around my neck and said farewell to her, dragging me out to the courtyard. We sat at the lonely metal table and chairs in the center of it, shaded by an umbrella. He looked up into the blue sky and bright sun; paying no mind to me. I sat there patiently and quietly, assuming he may have been still grasping the fact him and Kim were no longer an item.

A year wasted.. Poor guy..

"Well! Now I'm free to experiment!" He exclaimed, breaking the silence.

I looked at him dumbfounded. Not really sure if he was joking or completely serious.

"You got to be kidding, right?" I questioned.

"Nope! Totally serious!" He responded happily.

I almost fell out of my chair. This guy was just full of surprises. Because casually wanting to experiment right after getting out of a year long relationship is normal? I wasn't really quite sure how to come back at this, I don't think people just 'dabble' in homosexuality. Like who says, 'Oh yeah, in my free time I'm a flamboyant gay man who goes to wild gay night clubs', no one! Now thinking about it, I highly doubt Jace would even do that rather than say it.

"Ever since that kiss with you, I mean, guys can't be all that bad. And girls are a bit troublesome." He admitted, folding his arms behind his head.

"I caused this sudden revelation?" I asked innocently, pointing at myself.

His face was flushed, he used his hand to cover his blush which was beginning to fade into deeper shades; spreading to his ears.

"You're too cute for your own good." He mumbled.

I giggled as he continued to blush hues of pink and red. He seemed way happier than expected about the breakup, I suck at consoling people anyway. We chatted away with each other through the lunch, neither of us ate. I wasn't really hungry, but I can't vouch for Jace though. But no matter, lunch period was coming to an end, Jace and myself decided to get a head start on going to our lockers. It was completely silent down the junior hallway, not a normal silence, like an eerie silence. It makes my skin crawl just to hear the low sounding 'click-clack' of our shoes. Due to my own anxiety, my hands clammed up and I began to get a little antsy, fiddling with my hands, shirt, and pants.