nineteen

nineteen - "we're flying through WHAT?!"

Mira was exhausted by the time she reached her room. She stood for a minute, trying to catch her breath.

"Cora?" she called. "Cora, are you in here?" There was no response. Mira noticed the bed was recently tidied, meaning Cora had probably left after Mira and Bruna had gone to Hulk's room. She wondered if Bruna had told Cora about them escaping.

On the subject of Bruna, Mira was still baffled at how the antisocial, violent drinker was an Asgardian. Not only was she from Asgard, but Thor said she was an elite warrior that protected the royal family! Each day was getting weirder and weirder.

Mira thought about packing, but then realised she had nothing to pack. She found her salmon sweatshirt on a chair, pulled it over her head, and decided to look for a palace map to find escape ships.

"Map, map, I'm the map," she quietly sang to herself. "Wait...Kal doesn't even watch Dora." Mira mentally facepalmed herself and continued to look for some sort of directional tablet or paper. She was unsuccessful. She stood up and sighed. "Ok well, time to look for Cora."

As Mira was about to walk out of the room, three guards walked in. Mira backed up slowly.

"Uh hi guys," she said. "What's up?"

"The Grandmaster has sent us," one said in a monotone voice.

"You have been reported to helping the lord of thunder to escape and capture the Grandmaster's grand champion," another said, more intensely. They were in thick armour that looked fireproof. Mira cursed in her mind. The Grandmaster had updated his security.

"Uh n-no," she stammered. "How did you get that idea?"

"We have camera footage," the third said.

"Oh," Mira looked at them awkwardly. "I'm uh sorry, I guess. Wait, you have cameras in this place?!" They stared at her. "Ok then, no response. So...can I go now?" The guards just moved into a formation that blocked the door. "I'm guessing that's a no."

"Under the order of the Grandmaster, you are now demoted to a non goddess. Meaning you will fight in the Contest of Champions," the first guard recited. Mira narrowed her eyes.

"Its a nice offer...but no thanks!" She lashed out her whip, and the guards jumped into defense positions.

The whip wrapped around the second guard, and he was knocked unconscious on the wall. Mira spun around and tried to whip the other guards around, but they were much smarter than the guards she originally met. The two dodged her whip surprisingly. She tried to explode their armour, but they kept lunging their spears at her.

"Get her!" The guard in red armour threw something metal at Mira. She tried to avoid it, but since she was caught off guard, it landed on her neck. She reached up to take it off, but then the guard flipped something.