twenty-two

twenty-two - "you ruined the moment, zombie-ass!"

Mira shook her head at herself and continued to look at the giant ship that kept rising out of the fog. More gladiators appeared behind Loki, who still stood triumphant.

"Do you actually wanna help, dumbass?" she shouted. Everyone looked at her, and Loki gave a glare. Mira smiled sweetly. He jumped off and walked over to her.

"Hello Mira Lam," he said. Mira tried to seem taller. She never realised how tall Loki was.

"Hi, traitor," she said back. "How's your day going? Did you like the electricity? I sure enjoyed you getting shock-" He cut her off by kissing her cheek. Mira was shocked. "W-what the...L-Loki...wh-why..."

"Can we save people now?" Korg interrupted. Mira and Loki looked up. 

"Uh yeah," Mira nodded. Loki turned to the Asgardians who were staring at them blankly.

"Did you miss me?" he asked. One guy shrugged, and Loki rolled his eyes. "Everybody on that ship now." All of the citizens quickly shuffled onto the giant spaceship and created a hectic scramble for escape. Sakaarian gladiators helped escort everyone so they wouldn't fall off the bridge.

Loki walked over to Heimdall, and Mira followed him cautiously.

"Welcome home; I saw you coming," the dark-skinned man said.

"Of course you did," Loki sighed. The three turned towards the incoming soldiers.

"This will be fun," Mira said.

"Very," replied Loki.

The two started fighting, Loki throwing magical daggers and Mira continuing her pattern of whips and fireballs.

"You know, you really suck," Mira said while she kicked a soldier off the bridge. Loki impaled another one and sighed again.

"I'm sorry," he said. Mira rolled her eyes and lashed out her whip onto someone's neck. It grasped at the golden rope with desperation.

"Sorry isn't going to cut it," she responded. Flicking her wrist, the whip threw the enemy into a group of Hela's soldiers. They all fell to the ground in pain. Her whip returned to her wrist.

"Show off," Loki muttered. He turned back to her with two knives in his hands. "I am, alright? And I thought you didn't care about me." He smirked, and Mira gave him a look. He threw one of the knives at her. She ducked, and it hit a soldier who had been about to attack her.

"Thanks," she said.

"You're welcome," he nodded.

"I don't care that much" Mira grumbled, dodging another soldier. Her whip wrapped around it, and squeezed until the figure turned to dust.