twenty-four

twenty-four - bonus scene

Stephen Strange looked down at Kaleb Lam with his hands on his hips. His cape was guarding the door while the two were in the living room after watching Super Why. Kal had just burned the TV remote. With his bare hands.

"So you have powers too?" Strange asked. Kal looked up with an innocent expression.

"Mommy said she has superpowers," he replied.

"Yes, yes she does," sighed Strange. He sat back down. Kal looked down at his hands, which were cooling off and becoming less orange. The remote was a melted mess of black plastic. Strange contemplated the situation.

"Broken?" Kal said, pointing to the remote. Strange nodded, opened the Eye of Agamotto, and turned back time to fix the remote. The little boy was unfazed (he had seen it a couple times before already).

"Now it's back to normal," Strange said.

"Now Mommy can't get mad at you," Kal pointed out. Strange raised an eyebrow.

"Did that babysitter teach you that? I shouldn't have hired such a smartass babysitter."

"No. You did."

"Oh right." They sat in an awkward silence. "So...you won't tell you mom?"

"Maybe." Kal played with his action figures, making them bash into each other. Strange wondered what it was like to have such a primitive mind.

"Well don't."

"Get grapes."

"What?" Strange asked, confused.

"I won't tell if I have grapes," Kal explained.

"You and Mira are strangely similar," muttered Strange. He waved his hand, summoning a bowl of grapes. Kal clapped his hands and started eating.

"Thank you, Mr. Strange," he said. Strange smiled.

"No problem, Kal."

A/N

THIS WAD WRITTEN PER POPULAR DEMAND YAYAYAYAY