"Let's figure it out together."

"Come on B! It'll be fun!" Veronica encourages as she tried getting Betty to go to the school dance.

"I don't know V..Jughead might not even be there."

"Why not?"

"Why not?! Veronica, he's on the Southside! Why else would he not be here?!"

"We'll just go as each other's dates and have a fun girls night!"

"At a school dance? No thanks."

She let out a heavy sigh. "Betty, I'm your friend and I care about you a lot. I'm not gonna let you sit on your ass like some dried ass potatoes!"

"...but I am a potato."

"No!"

"V, come on..don't lie."

She rolled her eyes. "Betty, just please at least think about it!"

"I thought about it five minutes ago when you came in here."

"Betty..."

"Fine, fine...I'll think about it."

"Good." Veronica said before heading out the door, leaving me to 'think' about something I didn't want to go to.

"...Ughhhh Veronica Lodge! The things you make me do!" Betty said before going to get ready for the dance.

•••

"Good decision Betty! I told you it's gonna be fun." Veronica told me as our arms linked together.

"I see food so I'm just gonna stay over there thank y-" Veronica grabbed her before she could leave.

"Betty! Come on, talk to some people." She told me and I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Kevin is over there by the food that I'm gonna eat. Goodbye." I told her before leaving, unlinking my arm.

"Hey Kev!" I said before eating one of the cheese bites.

"Hey Betty, why'd you leave Veronica?"

"Um..Archie..didn't want to seem like a third wheel or anything." I lied, receiving a nod from Kevin.

"Is Jughead still around?" He said getting my attention from eating stuff on the snack table.

"I don't think he's here." I replied before eating more food.

"You sure that isn't him over there?" Kevin said pointing over to him in the back of the crowd.

"...dammit."

"Woah woah Betty." Kevin told her as he took away the filled plate of hers and placed it in the trash.

"Hey I was gonna eat that!" I yelled angrily.

"No Betty...you're gonna eat that!" He said looking over at Jughead.

I stayed silent. "I don't know what to say to that but okay.."

Kevin laughed as we made our way over to Jughead.

"Jug?" I said and his head shot up quickly from his phone.

"Bets..Hey."