CHAPTER ONE

Height of five-two, dark brown shoulder length hair, sun kissed skin, and a pearly white smile; those are the only nice characteristics of the girl that is currently seating in front of me. She is kind, elegant, and well educated, and skinny, all the characteristics that my mother wants for a daughter in law and for my wife. She fits every criterion except one, honesty. She is not being herself right now, nor speaking her own thoughts. Everything she does and says is rehearsed, faked to get me to agree on marring her. Even that salad that she is eating was planned out. Every move is planned out. And that is what makes her boring and Ugly, I know that she was not of the idea to plan everything out, but she still went along with it. If she would have integrated her own thought during our time of asking about our interests and hobbies I might have tried harder to learn more about her, but she did not. Instead she spoke about her "passion" as if she were reading it from a book that she dislikes but is forced to read.

"How is your salad?"

"It is great, it contains the right amount of everything, Mr. Tuan"

Lies! I have tried that salad and it's horrible, it has not flavor and it is made with old vegetables

"I'm glad it is of your liking, but please call me Mark" I smile kindly as she raises her eyes to stare at me

"Mark... what is it that you are looking in a partner"

"Kindness, elegance, honesty--" she nods her head as if she were mentally checking things off a list, "--- but must important this person must be able to speak his or her mind without hesitation and express every word with passion."

"I see, do I meet that criteria?" She looks at me with a small innocent smile while her eyes tell me that she knows that she meets them and daring me to say otherwise

"You are quite a beautiful young lady---" she nods her head and her smile grows slightly, "---elegant and very intelligent but all that does not matter when you can't even say anything that is not scripted"

Her smile fades and her face hardness, "I am not quite sure I'm following"

"Look Sarah, I am not interested in you any more than you are in me. In guessing that your parents are obligating you to be here, just like my parents. If you would have said something that you came up with, I would have shown more interested, but you said everything that your parents wanted you to say, that tells me absolutely nothing about you other than you lack in personality"

She glares at me, "Well maybe if you were not rude and had some manners you would have been married by now. You are the one that lacks character" with that she stands up and leaves but not before flipping her hair dramatically.

I smile at her retreating form, she is just like the ones before her. No personality, acting all nice and mature but in the end, they are nothing but complaining snobs.

Looking across the restaurant my eyes land on a beautiful brunette with white porcelain skin, sitting across a red head with way too much makeup.

He has a fake smile on his smooth skin while she flicks her red raid with her left hand. Slowly his smile turns into a smirk and so does hers.

I shake my head at his games. First, he will behave all shy, then he will get comfortable due the girl's easiness to be around with, then he makes them think that they have a shot when they don't.

He leans in and whispers in her left ear.

I smile waiting anxiously as my favorite part of his game comes

The girl's once smirk turns into a frown and then her expression hardens.

He has refused to tell me what he tells them to get them so angry

She pushes him away, but his smirk remains, she gathers her stuff grabs the cup filled with water and tosses it at him, like if this were a Korean drama. She flips her hair to the right and walks pass my table with fury in her eyes.

Looking back at the brunette I see how his smirk turn into a satisfying smile as he cleans the water off his face and suit.

Shaking my head, I approach his table, "what can you possibly say that makes them so angry"

"Tuan, that's for me to know and for you to wonder"

Sitting down I hand him my handkerchief, "This will be softer on your skin than that napkin"

he smiles warmly at me as he takes it.

we sit in silence as the waiter brings our newly order food and drinks

"Thank you" Park says as the waiter places a plate of steak and mashed potatoes in front of him.

I smile as the same waiter places a plate of oysters in front of me.

Once the waiter leaves Park and I continue to eat in silence, comfortable silence. This is something that we have done since we were in college when our mothers would force us to attend these blind dates in hopes that we will find our bride. Chasing potential brides away is something that we bonded over, and it continues to be the thing that holds us together because that is who we are when we are together; a pair of jerks that anger women that are just following their mother's advice on catching a man to marry them. That is all that bonds us, nothing more.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Thank you for reading :)

what are your thoughts for this chapter?