CHAPTER FOUR

Five months pass and nothing has changed for both men; women are still doing things that were rehearsed, their mothers would call them and scolded  them for treating the women badly, they would break down again. Mark goes more night out in the solemn purpose of trying to forget about the expectations that he has to meet, while Jinyoung would cry himself to sleep. 

The stress that has been placed on them since the age of eighteen seems to be heavier than usual. It is like they have finally reached the point in which they no longer see an escape from what happens to be their cruel reality. Not only is their stress taking a toll on their sleeping behaviors and emotions but also in their work. 

Jinyoung can no longer teach his high school student without  losing his temper and Mark is struggling with a mental block that prevents him from coming up with new designs for his summer clothing line. 

The stress has been too much that Jinyoung has decided to just accept the next girl that his mother places in front of  him, he has said this for the past three dates. Every time that he is close to just saying that he agrees to date one of them, he sees Mark and his plan is thrown out the window and he ends up doing the same things that he does in every date.

Not knowing why his heart breaks at the thought of never seeing Mark. Every time he makes up his mind to agreeing to date one of the girls, an image of Mark siting displeased with his date comes to his mind and no matter how much  he tries to suppress it, the solemn thought that Mark will no longer have someone to eat lunch after a horrible date crushes his heart.  He doesn't  understand why he cares, Mark and him are not even close. There is no reason for him to care for him yet here he is not only getting water thrown at him but also getting slapped just so he can eat a quiet lunch with Mark, the man that he has nothing in common with. 

For Mark, his patience has completely run out. He is twice as rude and is straightforward at telling  the girls that if they are only there to get a title and money, then they should find someone else.  He has gotten into arguments with his mother on how she is making him miserable and how he would stop going on the dates, if you can even call it that. Although he no longer wants to comply to his mother wishes on going to the dates, he still goes because who else would make sure that Jinyoung receives ices for his pink cheek due to the slap that he receives. He knows that Jinyoung is capable of taking care of himself but he just feels the need to take care of him for some reason. 

Mark

Mark

I glance at Jinyoung's table and and sigh, he is about to get hit again. I quickly look away when I see her hand raise but that does not stop me from hearing her hand make contact with his porcelain skin. Looking back at them I see that she is still there, ready to slap him again. 

I quickly get up and approach them 

 "If I were you I would walk away right now that I am still able to control my anger" I softly as I walk to Jinyoung's side 

"Tuan--"

"Who do you think you are to speak to me like that" the bimbo asks 

Smirking at her I say the first thing that pops into my  mind, "I am Mark Tuan, model, designer, but most importantly I am this amazing person's boyfriend.  And I don't appreciate you touching him this  way, so why don't you leave before I humiliate you  in front of all these people and I assure you that it will end up in the papers in three short hours. Imagine the horror the people will feel when they found out that Me, the most famous bachelor is dating but most importantly that my beloved boyfriend was attacked by a crazy physco that cannot think by herself and has to rehearsed everything. Before the end of the day your reputation as well as your parents will be so stained---"

"I--I am very sorry Mr. Tuan for slapping your boyfriend, I'll take my leave" with one final glance at Park she walked away hurriedly

Once she was completely out of sight I  recall all the things that I said and blushed from humiliation. How could I say such things that are untrue with so much confidence. How could I say that Park was my boyfriend. What's wrong with me.  

Glancing at Park from the corner of my eye, I see how his cheeks are of a bright baby pink color, and something tells me that it is not only from the slap. 

"Park...I---"

"Have you tried the salmon here, I have heard good things about it but it did not looked that good on another's costumer's plate"

Internally I sight in relief that he was letting it slide, "I don't know but it would not hurt to try"

"True, so are you sitting or...."

"Oh! right.. right"

As we wait for the waiter to come take our order, we sit for the first time in an awkward silence. I  try coming  up with things to say  to get rid of the awkwardness that was never there before, but come up blank. I glance at Park and it seems like he is doing the same. I hate this, not being comfortable with him. It feels wrong to be like this. 

"Tuan, what are you doing after this?" Park asks behind the black leather menu

 "I'll probably go home and then go get drunk" I wince when he holds the menu tighter

"You will damage your liver, Tuan. but it's your choice"

Ever since we were in college and he saw me get  super drunk one time he detested the fact that I liked alcoholic beverages

"I don't drink that often" I lie 

"IF you say so" 

Placing his menu down he stares at me and shakes his head in disapproval, "I wonder how you were able to pull the stunt from before seeing that you are a terrible liar"

My eyes widen making him smirk. Before he could say anything else, the waiter comes and takes our orders. 

Thank you for reading :)