one.

"MAYBE HER HEART WAS FULL OF A NEED TO BE LOVED THAT WAS NEVER FUFILLLED

"MAYBE HER HEART
WAS FULL OF A NEED
TO BE LOVED THAT WAS NEVER FUFILLLED."

"No! No, you can't beat me! That's not allowed."

"Why? Because I'm a girl?"

MADELEINE MALFOY GRINNED at her exploding snap victory over Draco Malfoy and leant against his bedpost. Her legging covered leg was rested underneath her chin with platinum blonde hair falling over her eyes. Her fingers reached up and tucked the hair behind her ear, eyes flicking to the faint scar that lay on the base of her palm. "Let's face it, brother. You clearly suck at this game."

"No!" Draco continued to argue against his sister's opinion, even though, he knew she was right. "You cheated, you definitely cheated."

Narcissa looked around her son's bedroom door to find the twins laughing together. She smiled warmly and stepped into the room, walking to Draco's bed and wrapping an arm around the bedpost Madeleine rested on. "Who won?" Narcissa glanced at the exploding snap and ran her fingers through her daughters platinum hair.

"She did," Draco grumbled, pointing a finger at his sister, who was grinning. "I say she cheated."

"How are you supposed to cheat at this game, Draco?" Narcissa laughed and sat down with her children. "I believe that it is impossible, don't you?"

Draco scoffed and led down on his bed, lightly kicking his sister. "Very well. Maddie, you won."

Madeleine grinned and cheered, a vibrant smile complimenting the bright yellow jumper she was wearing.

Being in Gryffindor, Madeleine was exposed to the brightest of colours; something that had fascinated her since she was very little. Malfoy Manor didn't contain any colours apart from white, green and black. So, when she first saw the Weasleys for the first time, on the Hogwarts Express platform, her eyes never saw any colour the same again. She only wore bright colours at home when her father wasn't there. If she was caught wearing bright colours, she would suffer the consequences.

"What were you two talking about?" Narcissa asked, continuing to run her fingers through Madeleine's hair.

"Sabrina Lupin."

Draco groaned and covered his face, which was slowly turning a bright shade of red. Madeleine simply grinned and carried on talking. "Draco's girlfriend— half blood— no one cares though. She's more Slytherin than anyone, mother. Merlin, that girl could stab us with a heel if she wanted to. Her fathers Remus Lupin, you know him?"

Narcissa couldn't help but let out a laugh at the twins. "Yes, I know him. Sabrina's mother was adopted into the Black family. But, you know that don't you?"