four.

•••

"SHE WAS A MIGHTY STONE IN A WILD SEAS

"SHE WAS A MIGHTY STONE IN A WILD SEAS."

•••

"The wheels on the train go round and round—"

"— shut up—"

"— round and round—"

SABRINA, HAVING HAD ENOUGH of Maddie's singing, picked up someone's jacket and threw it at her. "I swear to Salazar, if you don't shut up I'm going to throw you out of the window."

Maddie simply blinked and stared at her best friend, a small grin playing on her lips. She enjoyed annoying those who she loved, she thought she got it from the twins. Sabrina seemed to be very irritable as she rested her head on Draco's thighs; maybe that was the reason for Maddie going to the Burrow, but she didn't know and didn't want to invade Sabrina's privacy. Especially in regard to family matters that she was not a part of. "It's not very nice to threaten people."

"Your Gryffindor ass is going to get you killed one day."

Maddie glared at Sabrina. "And your Slytherin one isn't?"

Sabrina threw her arms into the air and moved her head to the side so she was facing Maddie. The blonde girl simply smirked. "Watch yourself, Malfoy!"

Draco shook his head at the two before clearing his throat. "The wheels on the train—"

"— Oh, Merlin—"

"— go round and round—"

"— round and round—"

Standing up— though, she was in great pain—, Sabrina opened the compartment door and grabbed her jacket. "I'm leaving."

And as soon as she left, the door slammed, and Maddie turned to look at her brother, who was staring at the scar her hands trailed on. "I'm fine, really."

Although she had dealt with the pain of leaving them, and of settling in somewhere utterly new, she had been failing to consider her own twins thoughts and feelings in the matter. Her and Draco cared deeply for each other, no matter what they were siblings before anything else, and it was a heart wrenching change for the both of them that they struggled to come to terms with.

Draco, who was unconvinced that she was truly happy, squinted slightly to look at her. "Are you sure? Nothing happened did it?"

"No, no, of course not. Trust me, brother, I'm really happy right now." Maddie grinned and kicked Draco lightly with her foot. She appreciated the fact that he was concerned about her well-being more than anything. "How are you and Brina?"

Unsurprisingly— to Maddie anyway—, Draco's cheeks became tinted with pink. "Fine. Amazing, actually. I missed her—no surprise there, don't look at me like that— but I trust she had a good summer?"