six.

• • •

"SO CALL OUT MY NAME

"SO CALL OUT MY NAME."

• • •

BREAKING HER FROM her book, Athena and her best friend, Aur, jumped onto the common room sofa. They were on either side of her, caging her in, arms stretching behind her body. She quite literally could not escape even if she wanted to. She didn't. Yet.

"We heard about what happened today," Athena smiled at Madeleine softly, "actually, we didn't hear, your brother was sort of bragging about it quite loudly."

She rolled her eyes. Of course, he had been, she's not sure why a small part of her heart panged at it. "That doesn't surprise me," she breathed out heavily through her nose, gritting her teeth. "He doesn't have anything to whine about, he only hurt his arm."

"Says he's going to get Hagrid sacked," Aur pouted, reaching up and twirling a piece of hair on her finger. She tilted her head, staring at Madeleine. "Could you talk him out of it?"

Maddie grimaced, shaking her head. Honestly, she swears that sometimes Aur only wants to talk to her when she wants something. "No, he won't listen to me. I could ask Sabrina, but—"

"—ew," Aur screwed up her nose at the mention of the Slytherin girl. Athena and Madeleine just looked at each other, furrowing their eyebrows.

"What's wrong with Sabrina? She's really nice—"

"She's a Slytherin, guys. She's just as bad as Pugface Parkinson! She's only nice if you like her! Or if she's friends with you!"

(Aur was exactly the same. Most people were.)

Madeleine just blinked at her a few times. "Aur, she's lovely."

If she was being honest, she didn't really like when other Gryffindors made up conceptions about Sabrina and how they perceived her. She was a very private person, and only let people close to her if she could trust them. She poured her love into those people, and honestly? That's all Maddie wanted from her.

Interrupting their conversation,or lack thereof, Fred and George ran into the common room, both slightly outof breath and jumped onto the sofa too. "Hello, our favourite ladies!"

Maddie tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and smiled at George, who was subconsciously staring down at her with red cheeks and parted lips. "You okay there, Georgie?"

George blinked and licked his dry lips before coughing slightly, "Yes, yes, sorry."

"What were you looking at?" Aur questioned, lifting her legs up so they were rested on Athena's lap. Athena scowled.

"Nothing."

Fred let out a loud laugh and shook his head. "Okay, brother, sure."

Some people thought their little friendship group was rather pathetic, only because they had Maddie with them— who was two years younger than them but they didn't care. All that mattered to them was that they wore bright colours, which they did, and that Maddie felt happy with them. She did. She didn't think there would ever be a point where she wasn't happy with them.