Chapter 4

As I walked into second period on Friday, I saw that Sebastian again wasn't there yet. He had been late every single day since. Even worse, I found out that I had fourth period with him too on Tuesday.

I was really nervous coming back to school, but oddly enough, no one seemed to acknowledge that I had fainted, not even Maggie.

I found my seat next to Maggie and Jess and waited for the infamous pretty boy to arrive. Something was just off about him, the way some many people, even some of the teachers, gravitated towards him. I think Jess saw it too, but she never talked around it, and if I asked she would change the subject.

For once, I managed to focus, my excitement for finding out the casting overwhelmed the thought of Sebastian's face. Jess was anxious, but I knew she would get the part, she was perfect for it.

The doors opened and on cue, heads turned towards pretty boy. He took his spot a few rows behind me and finally Mr. Fredrick started the lesson. It infuriated me that he got to break the rules and show up late without any punishment. I sighed audibly in frustration as Mr. Fredrick called roll.

Maggie leaned over and whispered, "So, when are you gonna talk to him?" I looked at her in confusion.

"Who?"

"Who do you think?" She asked, as if it was obvious. I turned and looked back at Sebastian, he caught my gaze and I was transfixed. I felt my stomach flutter as I study his pompous smirk and mischievous eyes.

God, I hated him.

"Miss Cole," I heard the theater director say, pulling me out of my thoughts. I turned quickly, my cheeks red in embarrassment. "I suggest you focus unless you want to be counted absent," he threatened.

"Yes Mr. Fredrick," I mumbled politely.

I shook my head to myself and sighed. I was being so stupid. I glanced to my side and saw Jess shooting Sebastian a harsh glare.

It seemed she was the only one not caught in his trap. I didn't want to be, but I had to admit that I was. Only a week after he had arrived and everyone loved him. It was as if the sun only moved because he said it should. Girls shamelessly flirted and every guy wanted to be his friend. It perplexed me that they weren't jealous. They revered him like the patron saint of playboys.

Jess nudged me back out of my thoughts as Mr.Fredrick began reading the casting sheet. Always a man for the theatrics, he started with the smallest roles and continued on to the lead roles.

"...Lady Capulet: Anna Prince... Paris: Harry Jones... Juliet," Mr. Fredrick paused for suspense, "Jessica Smith."

Maggie let out a squeal of excitement and she and I both hugged Jess. Mr. Fredrick, of course, had to interrupt and coughed loudly.

"Sorry..." we all mumbled.

"Finally, as our lead male role..." There was another pause and I took this moment to glance around at the boys who had tried out. I wanted to know which one would be lucky enough to share a stage kiss with Juliet.

"... Sebastian Alexopoulos."

Wait... what?

He didn't try out, I remember him sitting there all smug on Monday. No one else seemed to notice except Jess who again shot him a glare. He only smirked as others congratulated him.

"But he didn't try out... did he?" I asked Jess. She looked at me a took a minute to answer.

"I bet he asked to audition after class," she explained unconvincingly.

I sighed, it was probably true though. He had everyone wrapped around his little finger, so I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Fredrick had allowed him to try out privately.