Chapter 6

I had to catch the bus on Monday morning. Jess had called on Saturday to say that she had to go out of town. I wanted to ask about it, but decided not to worry. She said she would be coming back late today.

I thought of ways I could catch Sebastian alone, it would either have to be Theater or Calculus. I wanted to thank him, but I definitely didn't want an audience. Old Mrs. Grig wouldn't allow one bit of chatter in her class, so that left Theater. I couldn't do it in front of Maggie, I didn't want her to know what had happened.

I managed to get through first period, though it felt like the minutes were crawling by at snail speed. When the bell finally rang, I practically ran to the auditorium. He wasn't there yet of course, always late, but it gave me time to settle my nerves.

I sat in my seat and waited anxiously for his arrival, deciding that I would just ask to talk to him privately during rehearsal. Mr Fredrick checked people as present as they entered and I listened to the names he called.

"Mr Alexopoulos," Mr Fredrick said, "I'm surprised to see you before the bell?" I turned to look at him but quickly forget it. The memory of Friday flashes in my mind, just not the storm. I remember the feeling of his arms lifting me and his gentle voice.

"Don't get too used to it," he says in his normal crisp voice, snapping me out of my memories. I didn't realize I was staring till he glanced towards me and held my gaze. I felt my cheeks heat up as I looked away shyly. I didn't even notice Maggie slip into the seat next to me until she spoke.

"Why don't you talk to him?" She asked as Mr Fredrick started to talk about costume fittings.

"Maybe I will," I say, only half jokingly. I would be speaking to him, but not in the way she thought.

"I doubt it..." she giggled quietly as the class began to break off into groups. I glanced back at Sebastian and sighed as I stood. Maggie watched in awe as I slowly approached him, he simply sat there with his signature arrogant smirk.

"Hey," I said simply, immediate regretting my decision. As soon as I began to speak to him, heads turned out way.

"How are you?" He asked politely, I felt my face heat up again.

"I'm fine..." I say quickly, forgetting why I wanted to speak to him as I stared into his eyes.

"Can I help you?" He asked, looking amused. I looked down at my feet.

"Can I uh, talk to you?" I ask awkwardly before clarifying, "Alone?" I heard a few amused whispers from a group of girls who sat near him and tended to do nothing but ogle at him the entire rehearsal. Great, now they all thought I was gonna ask him out, just wonderful.

"Sure," he replied without skipping a beat, ignoring the group of eavesdropping girls. He stood and I led him to a different section. I could feel a few jealous glares piercing into my scalp.

I turned back to him only to come face to face with him. Or rather face to chest considering he was a whole head taller than me. I took an awkward few steps back and sighed.

"I just wanted to say thank you for what happened on Friday, it was really nice," I say so quickly I'm not even sure he heard me correctly because he looked at me like he was confused. "I only mean, that it wasn't something that many people would do, and I appreciate it. So, if you need anything, like answers to homework or something like that just-"

"There is actually something you could help me with," he said, interrupting me and stepping a little closer as I had backed away a little more during my anxious rambling.

"There is?" I asked, surprised that he actually needed something.

"Yeah, I was gonna ask Jessica, but I have this feeling that she doesn't like me all that much," he said, "Can you help me study my lines?"