Dramatics

John and Melody sat in the back of a moving cab. John was fumbling with the Netbook, meanwhile, Melody had her mobile at her ear.

"No, Detective Inspector Lestrade. I need to speak to him, it's important, it's an emergency." Mel insisted, obviously irritated with the person on the other end of the phone.

"Left here, left!" John instructed, giving the cabbie the quickest directions possible.

The cab took a sharp left turn as Melody gave an irritated groan. "Are you bloody kidding me? I swear to God, if you don't get Greg Lestrade on the line right now, I'm going absolutely lose my—oh, hello, Greg."

John looked at her and couldn't help but to chuckle quietly, in spite of their current situation.

"Yes, it's Melody Hudson. Listen, I need you to get down to the Roland-Kerr further education college as soon as possible. It's an emergency. No, this is not a joke, Sherlock is in trouble. Yes. Yes, we'll see you there. Thank you." She hung up the call and looked at John. "They'll meet us there." She assured him.

The cab came to a stop and parked, behind the buildings. Melody and John scrambled, racing round to pay. As they did, he looked frantically between the two buildings.

Mel looked up and sighed. "You take that one, I'll take this one." She suggested, nodding to the respective buildings. John nodded and they took off in opposite directions.

Melody raced up the stairs,pounding along the corridor. "Sherlock! Sherlock!" she cried out, kicking open doors, looking in every room. As she belted along the corridor, she slammed open doors in search of the brunet man.

"Sherlock!" she called, throwing open yet another door. Empty! "Dammit, Sherlock!" She cursed, sprinting up the stairs.

Sherlock heard the voice calling his name but didn't answer. No, instead, he held the pill in front of his face, observing it. He would not lose this game. With his hand trembling, he brought the pill closer and closer to his mouth.

Before he could take it, the door to the room burst open, revealing a disheveled looking Melody Hudson. At the same time, the window exploded, creating a hail of shattering glass.

Sherlock staggered back in shock, the pill falling from his hand. He looked to the Taxi Driver - who was clutching at his chest, blood spurting, as he choked. He made a flailing grab at the table - then sent it crashing as he fell to the floor.

Sherlock and Melody were both in total shock. Their eyes remained glued to each other, almost assuring that the other was okay. A spluttering made them turn their gaze to The Taxi Driver, who was gasping his terrible last on the floor. Sherlock leapt past him, going straight to the pills and the bottles that were now scattered on the floor. He grabbed and examined them frantically. There was absolutely no way to tell them apart. He looked up at Mel and stood, approaching her. He hugged her tightly, then held her at arms length. "Go downstairs. Tell Lestrade I'll be down momentarily. You don't need to see this." He said quietly, causing her to nod.

She fled down to the parking lot, where Lestrade did indeed appear to be waiting for her and Sherlock. "He'll be down soon. Just give him a minute." She said, passing him to approach John. "That was a good shot." she mused.

John allowed a small grin to slip onto his face. "Yeah, well, had to be done, didn't it?" He said, shrugging.

"Thank you." she said earnestly. Parked outside the college gates was a black limo, and standing outside it, staring at them both, was Mycroft. Melody's mobile suddenly buzzed, revealing a message to come meet him. "Watch for Sherlock. I'll rejoin you before we leave." she promised.