Pt.1

A silent whisper in the air. The tender kiss of the wind against rosy cheeks. Chaeyoung opened her eyes and breathed in the sweet spring air. Her big brown eyes scanned the scenery before her. A row of Cherry Blossom trees stood proudly in their places. Their branches swayed and the stray pink flowers blew away in the wind, carrying a sense of peaceful beauty.

“Miss. Nakamura.” An elderly Japanese woman said softly. Chaeyoung lifted her head slowly. This is the first time she would be called by the fake name given to her by her fellow conspirator. “Oh. Yes, Tora.” Chaeyoung said and bowed before the elderly woman. “I am Madame Sazuki. I will show you around the house.” The woman said and turned around expecting the young girl to follow. Chaeyoung got to her feet and followed hastily.

“The house was constructed by Master Yamazaki. His studies in England influenced him to create a west wing. And the rest of the construction is Japanese. You will dine with the other girls in the maid quarters. Don’t be alarmed by the blackouts, we have candles placed around the house if need be. As a house maid you are expected to know what your job is.” Madame Sazuki said sternly. Chaeyoung bit her lip and nodded.

“Here we are.” Madame Sazuki said. Chaeyoung looked around the small empty room. A bed and a night stand were present. “I’ll be staying here?” Chaeyoung asked not wanting to sound too disappointed about her room housing.

“Yes, so you can be by the Lady’s side if she rings for you. She will be right through these doors.” Madame Sazuki pointed at the doors behind Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung swung around and gasped. “She’s right behind these doors?” Madame Sazuki nodded.

“I will be on my way. Goodnight Miss. Nakamura.” The elderly woman said and walked away. Curiosity had taken it’s toll on Chaeyoung as the young girl slowly opened the shoji doors. She couldn’t see much since it was dark, but the moonlight had helped a bit as she saw an empty bed.

‘She’s in here?’ Chaeyoung asked herself. A sudden thud had startled the young girl making her quickly turn on her feet and run into her room, forgetting to close the door. She threw off her shoes and climbed into the bed. She was unaware of the eyes watching her as she settled under the sheets. But she would soon come face to face with the woman behind the wall.

----------------------------------- 

       My name is Son Chae-Young. I was born in Seoul, South Korea. My mother had died from an illness. And because of our poor status we had no money to pay for her health. I stayed with my grandmother and with two other young adults, Park Jihyo and Kim Dahyun. None of us grew up with a high class status and so my grandmother took us in.

First Jihyo, then Dahyun, and after my mothers death, me. You see...we do what it takes to make a living. We run an orphanage with abandoned children left after birth. Jihyo has a baby of her own, and she only breast feeds her own child. But if I had milk, I'd feed them all. We're not bad people, we just trick a few wealthy people into giving us money. And if you lived the way we do, you would too.

My story doesn't begin in Japan as you read earlier. It certainly didn't start when I met the beautiful Lady Myoui. No, it started when that rotten, pickpocketing, self absorbed jerk Park Jin-Young came to the orphanage. And oh how I loathed him and yet, he gave me opportunities that fed my needs and wants. It all started like this.

*Knock knock*

All four women's heads turned towards the door.

"You didn't get caught right?" Jihyo whispered to Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung shook her head and cradled the baby in her arms. Chaeyoung's grandmother and Dahyun made their way to the door with the grandmother clearing her throat, ready to answer the police if need be and with Dahyun holding a pan above her head ready to strike. The grandmother opened the door and sighed in relief as a familiar face trudged in.

"You want to die? Put that down." The man said sternly. Dahyun blushed in embarrassment and put down the pan. Jihyo smiled warmly at the man while Chaeyoung rolled her eyes.

'Look at him, walking in here as if he's all high and mighty.' Chaeyoung thought. The man slicked back his slick black hair and smiled.

"Ah, familiar faces. How are my girls?" He asked Jihyo and Chaeyoung. Jihyo smiled warmly while Chaeyoung sighed in annoyance. "I have a proposition. A proposition that will benefit not just me, but to you all as well." The man took the key out of the grandmothers pocket and made his way to the secret compartment in the wall. Unlocking it, he pulled out a highly priced object.

"I met someone recently on my trip to Japan. *Sighs* Oh what I had come to know is that this lady holds an inheritance worth dying for. And I want it. The problem that I have to face is her uncle's proposal. Not my business to question their incestuous ways. But I need help getting that money from her." He said and wandered around the room.

"Jin young. How will you do it?" Jihyo asked excitedly. Jinyoung stopped in front of Chaeyoung. "I will need an accomplice of course." He smirked and rubbed Chaeyoung's cheek with his thumb making then young girl grumble in disgust.

"Oh oh can I help?" Jihyo asked. "No no let me help!" Dahyun said. Jinyoung sighed and shook his head. He snapped his fingers signalling his need for a cigarette in which Dahyun arrived at his aid with a cigar and a lighter.

"Only Chaeyoung can do this." The other two girls frowned. "Why me?" Chaeyoung asked. Jinyoung smiled. "Because, you're not too bright. Just the right kind of smart to pull this off but not be caught by the Lady or by her uncle." He winked. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes.

"Eighteen billion yen." All the women gasped. "That's over a hundred billion won!" Dahyun yelled. "What will we get?" The grandmother asked. Jinyoung sighed. "Fifty percent. The least I can do for you lovely ladies." Jihyo blushed while Dahyun twirled her hair, the grandmother smiled and Chaeyoung rolled her eyes.

"Now, all you've got to say is that you'll do it." Jinyoung said to Chaeyoung. The young girl sighed. "I'll get all the dresses and jewelry when we get rid of her right?" Jinyoung nodded. "Fine. I'm in." Jinyoung smirked and shook the young girls hand.

"We're in business, Miss. Tora Nakamura." Chaeyoung bit her lip. She was going to have to speak Japanese from now on wasn't she? Chaeyoung sighed. If only she knew what was to come.

I love Michaeng. Michaeng is life. Who wouldn't ship a penguin with a baby tiger? -Drea🐧❤ 🐯