Pt.9

Mina fiddled with her fingers and paced the floor. Waiting, anticipating. Chaeyoung watched the older woman's movements. She studied the worried look on the Japanese girls face.

'Where the hell is that asshole? He's keeping Mina waiting.' Chaeyoung thought. Her eyes settled on the older woman. 'Mina.' Chaeyoung thought. 'Mina.' She repeated in her head. She parted her lips. Her fingers fiddled with her skirt.

"Mina." Chaeyoung whispered out loud. Mina raised her head slowly and looked at the young girl. Chaeyoung snapped out of her daze and blushed. But Mina was far from angry. She tiptoed towards the young girl. Daring her, wanting her to say her name over and over again. Chaeyoung stepped back but stopped as she felt the wall meet her back. Her hands hid behind her back. Her heart raced. Mina stopped in front of the young girl and sighed. Her fingers traced Chaeyoung's jawline. Mina trailed her eyes over Chaeyoung's face, looking at her expression. Chaeyoung closed her eyes and held her breath as she felt Mina's finger trace her lips.

"Say it again." Mina whispered. Chaeyoung released a breath and fluttered her eyes open. She could barely say a word as she felt the closeness of Mina's body in front of hers. Mina stepped closer, barely closing the gap between them. "Say it again. Please." Mina said softly. Chaeyoung parted her lips in awestruck as she sensed a plea from the brunette. The young girl closed the gap between them and looked at the older woman.

"Mina." Chaeyoung whispered. Mina closed her eyes and rested her forehead against Chaeyoung's. To hear Chaeyoung say her name. To hear it in such a soft way had melted the older woman completely. What was this feeling she was feeling within her heart? The sound of the door knob turning had caused Chaeyoung to push away the older woman and blush.

"Ah, I'm sorry I'm late. Shall we get started on the painting?" Jinyoung asked. Mina turned to face the older man and then looked over at the young girl. She had a look of sadness in her eyes as if she had missed the young girl's presence so close to her. But Chaeyoung looked away to avoid the sound of her thumping heart from appearing. Mina sighed and turned to face Jinyoung, nodding in response.  
"You need to make the peach rounder. You see the one on the table?" Jinyoung pointed out. Mina nodded and tried her best to paint the peach as instructed. Jinyoung rested his hand on the arm of the chair and leaned in making Mina grow stiff.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't help myself. You're just so beautiful." Chaeyoung snorted and then bit her lip causing Mina to look at her. Chaeyoung smiled at the older girl and went back to her book. "I think that's all for today." Jinyoung said and grabbed the peach. He walked over to Chaeyoung. "She's ripe." He said and bit into the peach. Chaeyoung frowned.

'Already?' Chaeyoung thought. Mina let out a sigh and looked over the painting. "He's right. You should make the peach rounder. And make sure you add the shadows." Chaeyoung instructed. Mina looked up at the young girl and set aside her palette.

"Show me." She told the young girl. Chaeyoung bit her lip and sat in Mina's seat. Mina stood beside Chaeyoung and watched intently. Chaeyoung held the palette in one hand and used the other to dip the brush into the paint. She bit her lip and applied the paint to the canvas, adding the shadow as well as rounding the peach a bit more. Mina bit her lip.

'Talented wasn't written in the letter. She's very intriguing indeed.' Mina thought. Her hand slipped over Chaeyoung's shoulder and laid to rest on it gently. Chaeyoung stopped her stroking and grew stiff. She shouldn't be surprised by the older woman's touch when in fact this simple gesture couldn't compare to what she's done before. But Chaeyoung's heart was still beating in a rush. Her fingers shook slightly and her lips trembled. This simple touch. This one notion from the older woman had caused Chaeyoung to grow nervous.

"Where did you learn to draw? An art school perhaps?" Mina asked. Chaeyoung swallowed the spit of nervousness from within her dry throat and cleared it. "Um, self taught. Videos mostly." Chaeyoung confessed. Mina nodded and lowered her face. Chaeyoung slowly turned her head to the left meeting the Japanese girls eyes.

"Show me more." Mina husked. Chaeyoung blushed madly and stood up quickly. "I...I think I should be doing my chores Miss. The Count will be doing another art lesson with you tomorrow. You'd like that wouldn't you?" Chaeyoung asked and set down the palette. Mina frowned and let out a sigh.

"You've seemed to have made friends with my other house maids and servants. Is that where you're off to? To socialize while I stay miserable from my loneliness?" Mina asked. Chaeyoung parted her lips but was silent. Mina shook her head. "That just won't do. To see you be happy without me." Mina said and stepped towards the young girl. Chaeyoung, still silent, stood in place, anticipating the next girls movement.

"I see how you smile when you're with them. Its not fair. Do you only smile for them?" Mina grabbed a hold of Chaeyoung's top and pulled her forward. Chaeyoung gasped as her face was only inches away from Mina's. "I want to see you smile. But only for me." Mina whispered and hugged the young girl, wrapping her in her arms gently. Chaeyoung was dumbfounded. She slowly  lifted her arms and wrapped them around Mina's waist.

"Chae-." Nayeon barged in and covered her mouth as she saw the Lady of the house. "Who?" Mina asked. Chaeyoung widened her eyes and pulled away from the older woman, shooting a look at the older Korean. "Chance. A chance that Miss. Nakamura could attend an outing with the other girls and I my Lady?" Nayeon asked with her head bowed. Mina looked at Chaeyoung then at Nayeon.

"Yes. But I will be going too." Mina announced and then walked out the door. Nayeon lifted her head to look at the young girl. "I think she's gone. Sorry, I didn't know she was in here with you. I hope I didn't blow your cover." Nayeon said. Chaeyoung sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. "Its fine." Nayeon looked at the painting.

"Wow, the lady is good. And she got to do it with the Count." Nayeon said dreamily. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes. "Where are we going anyways?" Chaeyoung asked. "In the city. Kabukichō." Nayeon said and winked. Chaeyoung blushed. 'Not again.' She thought and followed the older Korean.

It's Spring Break! -Drea 🌞🌴🌊