Pt.2

'Gosh, are these girls even capable of not being so dense? The things they say about  the Count. The things they don't talk about because they only care about his dashing looks. He's a sad excuse of a man if I were to be honest. And yet he thinks he'll succeed. But if he succeeds then and only then, I will have respect for him. I will be rich for sure. Eighteen billion yen! Gosh, I’m not sure if I should even feel sorry for sending the lady to the madhouse. With all that money, who would feel sorry?'

         Chaeyoung stood up and sighed. ‘Where are my shoes?’ She thought as she looked down to her feet. Giggles could be heard to her left in which she rolled her eyes in annoyance.

“Those fuckers.” She mumbled under her breath. Madame Sazuki waited for her at the end of the path. She stood under her umbrella with a blank expression. Chaeyoung sighed and ran barefooted to the butler. “I’m sorry for being late.” Chaeyoung apologized and bowed her head. Madame Sazuki was silent and turned on her heel. Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows but followed the silent woman.

‘Is she mad at me?’ Chaeyoung thought. She followed the woman into the main house and up the stairs into the west wing. ‘Shit. I’m meeting Lady Myoui and I don’t have my shoes. She’ll think so lowly of me.’ Chaeyoung thought. Madame Sazuki slid the door open and walked in, Chaeyoung following quietly behind. Chaeyoung’s eyes darted to the woman sitting down in front of her mirror. Her brown hair flowed nicely onto her shoulders.

‘An elegant woman indeed.’ Chaeyoung thought as she looked at the woman’s posture. “Lady Myoui.” Madame Sazuki said as if to announce their presence. Lady Myoui turned her head slowly. Chaeyoung’s eyes widened as she saw the woman.

‘Shit. He should’ve said she was pretty!’ Chaeyoung thought. Lady Myoui rose from her seat. “Hello. I am Mina Myoui. But you may call me Lady Myoui.” Mina said softly. Chaeyoung was taken aback by the woman’s soft and tender voice.

“Uh, T-Tora. Tora Nakamura.” Chaeyoung stuttered and bowed before the woman. “Your Japanese is impressive. A native perhaps?” Mina asked and walked towards the younger girl slowly. “N-No my lady. I...was born in Korea but my um, my grandmother is Japanese.” Chaeyoung said nervously.

Mina opened a sheet of paper and read through it. She eyed the young brunette and rubbed her temple. “Will you read this for me?” Mina asked and handed Chaeyoung the piece of paper. Chaeyoung blinked a few times as her eyes scanned the paper.

“Uh, oh. Oh how delightful!” Chaeyoung let out a laugh. Mina looked at the girl. “What does it say?” She asked. Chaeyoung cleared her throat. “Oh just that Count Yamada speaks highly of me.” Chaeyoung said and smiled. Mina nodded and took the piece of paper from the girl. “Can you read this?” Mina asked and held up a name tablet. Chaeyoung stared at the tablet.

“It’s your name. Can you not read it?” ( her name in Japanese ) Mina asked. Chaeyoung lowered her head. “We’ll have to work on that. Now, what of your shoes?” Mina asked as she pointed to Chaeyoung’s bare feet. Chaeyoung blushed in embarrassment.

“Well, you shouldn’t walk around with no shoes. It’s not proper. Here.” Mina led the young girl over to her closet. Chaeyoung gasped in amazement at the large room filled with not only clothes but with shoes ranging from her favorite products such as Nikes to heels.

“Mm, you look to have small feet so I suggest you wear those vans over there. They’ll suit you.” Mina said and leaned against the wall as she watched Chaeyoung immediately pick up the shoes and put them on. Mina's eyes scanned the young girls body. She looked at Chaeyoung's dark hair cascaded over her shoulders. She watched as the girl gently tied her shoe laces. She studied her face and bit her lip.

'Twas beauty I had seen. From dusk till dawn it is her face I think of in bed.' Mina thought and bit her lip. "Oh wow Miss these fit nicely!" Chaeyoung said and smiled brightly. Mina nodded and watched as Chaeyoung walked in circles, testing the shoes. "Your name means tiger. Why do you think your mother named you that?" Mina asked. Chaeyoung tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I guess as a baby I had the roar of a tiger." Chaeyoung giggled and stopped in front of the older woman. Mina lowered her gaze to the ground. "A tiger. A baby tiger." Mina commented and walked past the younger girl. Chaeyoung blushed. "I am going to some classes. Knock on the door at two." Mina instructed. Chaeyoung nodded. "Shall I walk you?" Chaeyoung asked. Mina sighed.

"No. I'll walk myself. Just tend to whatever chores Madame Sazuki has instructed you to do while I'm gone." Mina said and walked off. Chaeyoung clicked her tongue. "Chores. Oh please." She quickly rummaged through Mina's drawers searching for jewelry. "Come on where would they be?" Chaeyoung asked herself and turned on her heel.

'Ah, a ladder. Maybe up there?' Chaeyoung moved the ladder in position and climbed up.
She opened the small door and found boxes. 'Ah, here.' She took box for box down and opened each one. She found useless treasures for her use. But her attention focused on the last object found in a black box. She took out the rope and examined it. She traced her finger over the material.

'A noose?' Chaeyoung thought and held it in her hands. A sudden wave of sadness hit her. 'W-what? Why am I? Crying?' Chaeyoung asked herself as a tear fell from her eye and down her cheek. 'What is this sadness I feel? And why all of a sudden?' Chaeyoung laid the noose back into the box and closed it gently. She wiped her eyes and sighed.

"Fucking hell." She whispered and put back the boxes. She spent the remainder of the time pacing the room. Her eyes darting to the clock here and there.

---------------------------

      'I can't be late can I?' She thought as two minutes till two was shown on the clock. She quickly threw on her shoes and sprinted down the stairs and out of the house. She huffed as she ran at the speed of lightening to her Lady's aid. She came to the house and knocked on the door.

"Um, my lady? Lady Myoui?" Chaeyoung called out. She twisted the door knob and opened the door. 'They don't lock the doors?' Chaeyoung thought and walked in. She had an eerie sense as she entered the hall. The traditional tapestry of the Japanese culture had fascinated Chaeyoung instantly. She turned her head to the sound of a whip.

"My lady?" Chaeyoung called out. She walked in the direction of the sound and stopped at the door. She heard a man grunt and the sound of a whip. "My lady?" Chaeyoung slid the door open just a bit before a figure appeared before her.

"Ah!" Chaeyoung yelled and fell back. "Madame Suzuki." Chaeyoung breathed out. "It's alright. We're done." She heard Mina say. She sounded a bit...sad. Madame Sazuki moved aside for Mina who appeared in front of the young girl. "You're late." Mina said and walked past the girl. Chaeyoung quickly came to her feet.

"I rushed here as fast as I could. Lady Myoui, did you hear that whipping sound?" Chaeyoung asked with her head down. Mina opened her mouth but no words could be said. She ignored the young girls question and began to walk.

"W-wait." Chaeyoung called out and ran till she was by Mina's side. "What shall we do now Lady Myoui?" Chaeyoung asked. Mina turned her head to look at the girl. "We're going to teach you how to read." Mina said simply. Chaeyoung blushed in embarrassment.