Pt.16

"The girl is unaware of your knowledge?" Madame Sazuki asked and poured Mina's tea into her tea cup. Mina sighed and picked up her tea cup, taking a sip slowly. "What would become of her if she did know?" Madame Sazuki asked and sat down. Mina looked at the older woman. "She'd be sent away to the institution anyways. Who would believe a swindler over a lady?" Mina asked and crossed her arms.

"She's planning to take your fortune along with this Park Jinyoung. I advise that you take precaution." Madame Sazuki stared down the young girl. Mina rose to her feet. "I know what I'm doing. Your job is to serve my uncle. So leave me to my business." Mina waved off her butler. Madame Sazuki rose, bowed and went on her way. Mina sighed and called for her servant. Nayeon came running in as called. "I'm going out." Mina told her. Nayeon, uncertain of what her master needed bowed and started to help gather the things she'd need for her evening outing.

"Stop. I won't need all those things. Right now I must do a lesson with Miss. Nakamura." Mina snapped. Nayeon whimpered as she remembered her earlier punishment by Mina. "She'll be up here I hope in a few minutes?" Mina asked impatiently. "Y-yes. Madame Sazuki just wanted her to clean the dishes really quick. She'll be right up my Lady." Nayeon said with quivering lips. Mina sat down and let out a sigh. "May I ask where you'll be going my Lady?" Nayeon asked. Mina parted her lips but sat up and waved Nayeon away as Chaeyoung stepped into her room.

"I'm sorry I'm late my Lady. Chaeyoung said and grabbed the book on the desk. Nayeon looked at Chaeyoung. She noticed Mina's pattern in choice of girls. Young, naive perhaps and very much beautiful. Nayeon cleared her throat and went on her way. Mina waved her hand as if to signal Chaeyoung to begin. The young girl did as told and began to read the best she could. Mina listened as she sat quietly. She had found Chaeyoung's voice to be soothing. But her mispronunciations had begun to annoy her.

"Simultaneously." Mina said as the young girl struggled to get the word out. Mina had kept her gaze to the window, staring at the cherry blossom tree. "Am I that bad?" She heard Chaeyoung ask. Mina sighed and took out the letter from her back pocket. She opened the piece of paper and read through it. Every word sounding like a jab at the young girl, she skimmed through Jinyoung's words then folded it shut. "Tora come here." Mina told Chaeyoung. The young girl did as told.

"Do you see that Cherry Blossom tree?" Mina pointed out. Chaeyoung nodded."An unfortunate event had occurred there. My mother hanged herself. What a pity it was to see such a beautiful woman strung from her neck, hanging peacefully on that tree." Mina said quietly. She looked at Chaeyoung who shivered. "People say I can't compare to my mother. That she was the epitome of beauty. Tell me Tora, am I beautiful?" Mina asked. She looked at Chaeyoung and stepped forward.

"Y-yes of course my lady. The Count tells me it is your face he sees in bed." Chaeyoung said and bit her lip. Mina looked at the nervous girl. She wanted to scrunch up her nose in distaste at the thought of Jinyoung saying such things. "I wonder why in bed?"Mina asked. Chaeyoung cleared her throat and picked up the book. "More reading my lady?" Chaeyoung asked. Mina smiled.

"Another day. Say, have you been around Tokyo?" Chaeyoung gasped. "Oh no my lady! But I've seen pictures. The internet sure does hold some good pictures of the city." Chaeyoung said and smiled. Mina smiled even brighter. This was her chance to get Chaeyoung all to herself for more than just thirty minutes. There would be no one else to disrupt them. "And what if I took a picture, would it turn out good?" Chaeyoung blushed.

"Yes. Of course. You're stunning." She could see Chaeyoung's cheeks grow red in embarrassment.Mina smiled and nodded. "Then let's take a stroll through the city." Chaeyoung nodded.

--------------------------------

           Mina bit her lip nervously. She didn't know what to say to the brunette. This was their first outing together. Mina nervously played with her fingers. Did this count as a date? But a date is between two lovers right? One thing they definitely were not. Mina cleared her throat and looked at the young girl.

"You sang to me that first night. I must've looked a mess from my fearful state." Mina said and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "I didn't really pay attention to the way you looked my lady. I didn't even see your face since it was dark. But if I would've known you were so beautiful, I." Mina looked at the young girl and smiled. "You would've what?" Mina asked. Chaeyoung laughed nervously.

"Oh, just have told you not to worry about your looks." Chaeyoung rubbed the back of her neck and continued to walk in pace with Mina. "Miss Nakamura. Welcome to Tokyo." Mina said. She looked at Chaeyoung's expression. She saw the young girls eyes widen as her eyes wandered all around her. The bustling sounds of the city street filled with the many Japanese pedestrians. The lights. The sounds. This was the crosswalk just outside Shibuya Station. And oh how did it amaze the girl indeed.

"Oh so should we take the station my lady?" Chaeyoung asked in excitement. Mina smiled. 'Has she always been this adorable?' Mina thought. The Japanese girl cleared her throat and nodded her head. "Um, yes. Yes we can do that." Mina walked quietly, stealing glances as the young girl beside her skipped like a child. Mina remembered the letter and sighed. 'It didn't say she was childish at heart. That couldn't hurt.' Mina thought. The two reached the station below.

"Wow." Chaeyoung breathed out. Mina chuckled. "We haven't even been out and about in the city yet and yet you're in awe?" Mina asked. Chaeyoung blushed. "No need to be embarrassed. We'll soon arrive at a shop ahead. We can get off then and see what we come across." Mina instructed. Chaeyoung was excited. Not only was this her first time on a metro, but her first time in the city of Tokyo.

"Here. We'll get off here." Mina said and turned on her heels. Chaeyoung whipped around and ran after the older woman. "You know where we are right?" Chaeyoung asked. Mina smiled to herself. "No." She simply said and took wherever her feet led her. Chaeyoung blinked a few times. Mina looked over her shoulder and chuckled. "You don't know where we are either so I suggest you keep up." Mina called out.

"You're not worried that something will happen to us?" Chaeyoung asked Mina. Mina shook her head. "We're not in Kabukicho. We'll be fine." Mina said and kept walking. "What's Kabukicho?" Chaeyoung asked with sudden curiosity. "It's one of Tokyo's red light districts. A sleepless town if we are to be truthful. Things happen. People become a different person." Mina stopped in her tracks as so did Chaeyoung.

"Miss?" Chaeyoung asked. "It would surprise you if you saw the people down there. The people they become when they're behind closed doors." Mina was lost in thought. Oh the things she's witnessed. The things she's done. Was she to be ashamed? Chaeyoung cleared her throat and gently touched the older woman's arm. "We're not so different. We all want pleasure and we seek it in different ways." Chaeyoung said softly. Mina snapped out of her thoughts. "Right. We all have our different ways. If only some people weren't as sick as others." She said and continued to walk.

'Sick?' Chaeyoung thought and ran after the older woman. She would have to get used to running after the Japanese girl. "We can't stay out too long Miss. We have to be back to meet the Count." Chaeyoung reminded Mina. Mina sighed. She didn't want to meet him. Meeting another man wasn't what she wanted since all her encounters were anything but pleasurable.

"Are you alright? You seem upset Miss." Chaeyoung said. Mina turned to look at the young girl. She studied her big brown eyes. She looked over the young girls long dark hair that cascaded down her shoulders.

'He gave me just what I ordered.' Mina thought. "Miss?" Chaeyoung asked again. "Yes, I'm alright. Say, Tora, shall we spend the evening in Kabukicho?" Mina asked with amusement written on her face. Chaeyoung blinked a few times. "Come on. It will be fun." Mina encouraged the young girl. "My lady...you said there are strange people down there." Chaeyoung said nervously.

"And you said we're not any different from them." Mina reminded the girl. Chaeyoung blushed. "Come along. It's just about time for that district to come alive. After dark, things happen in Tokyo." Mina said and winked. She led the young girl back down into the station and boarded a metro.

'Now, let's see how Miss. Nakamura reacts to the city come to life.' Mina thought and smirked to herself.

I'm gonna skip their outing in Tokyo and just get straight back to them being at home. -Drea 🏯🗼