Can't Really Have An xReader Fanfic

Reader-kun POV
(2 months later)

Running. That's what I was doing and I didn't know why. I was just running and I had a feeling I shouldn't stop. I knew I just needed to run.

I was running through burning trees and brush while hushed screams waled in the background. I wasn't completely sure if they were just other people or if my screams were mixed in as well. The screams almost being overshadowed by the sound of my heavy breathing and the 6 whispering voices in my head that somehow seemed like screams.

I kept running and kept counting the voices. I wasn't sure why, but I felt if the number changed, then something horrible would happen.

I kept running, kept counting.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

Running. Voices become louder and louder as I go.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

They got louder and louder. But then.

0.
Nothing.
They stopped.
Along with my running.

Then mumbling.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.

"The world shall end on the day I speak, for this is the day all prophecies do seek."

7.

I wake up gasping. Tears streaming down my face, cold sweat all over my body, and scratches where the branches would have hit me when running.

I've been having this dream every night I forget to take my medication, but this past week, it's happened every night even with the medication.

I told BEN about everything, but told him to keep it to himself. But he thinks it's stopped. He doesn't know it's getting worse.

Over these past months I've become close to him. Me, BEN, Sally, Toby, and Puppeteer have become close. They're some of the more sane ones here. Although there's also Bloody Painter and Seedeater who are also pretty okay. Seed may not be human (or if this world), but he still manages to be more human than some of the others like Jeff The Killer who is set on making everyone "beautiful, too", Jane The Killer who's set on getting her revenge on Jeff, and Eyeless Jack who just forgets sometimes that he can have our kidneys.

As I snap back into reality, I know I have to tell Slender. This is the first time it's gotten to 7 voices, and I know it has to mean something.

I rush to put on a shirt, being just in my boxers. I teleport right to outside if Slender's office and knock. I hear him mutter a come in and slam the door open.

I could tell he was concerned. Wasn't sure how, but I could.

I told him the basic layout of my dreams, and he sat me down to enter my mind. He can easily tell what your thinking, but to access memories, it could take a lot more concentration.

After about ten minutes, I could feel him leave my mind. But heard the static immediately after. He was calling to the others. Next thing I knew, I was in the living room as sleepy serial killers stumbled out of rooms and down the stairs. Some quite literally.

Slender's next words confused me, but served to send the others into pure panic. Shouting amongst each other. Looking as if the world would really end, just because of some dream. And by what Slender says...

BEN's POV
(A month and 3 weeks earlier)

I was walking by (Y/N)'s room towards the kitchen so I could grab a 2am snack. I'm a stoner, what do you expect? For me not to smoke at 2am? (I live for the stoner!BEN headcanon)

As I passed by his room, I could hear what sounded like muffled screams. Out of fear for my friend and new housemate, I enter his room.

I enter to see (Y/N) facing the ceiling with his back arched, tenth clenched, tears running down his face, and half strangled screams coming from between his teeth. His normally (H/L) hair being a little longer because of lack of self care, was sticking to his forehead because of the sweat.

I shouted at, shook, and begged just to try to wake him up, but nothing seemed to work. The screams just got louder.

But then they stopped and he shot up. He looked me in the eyes and instantly broke down into sobs and "please don't tell anyone", "please don't tell Slender", and mostly "Count the voice. Count the voices or you'll see fire forever. See fire forever. Count the voices or you'll see fire forever ((A/N) fOR FOREVEEEEER)"Just over and over and over. The same thing. Over an over.

((A/B) My partner keeps bugging me like a little butt, so you can thank them for forcing me to update (writers block can go jump off a book, ya know??))

I pull him into my side and just let him cry and mumble. He pleads for me not to tell a soul. He cries out to keep counting the voices.

After about an hour, he calmed down enough to breath with only small hiccups as he speaks. He tells me everything about the dream that he can remember. I was terrified for him. That he had to go through that alone.

I promised that I wouldn't tell anyone. I knew that was to only thing that would calm him down. I promised to myself that if it ever happens again, I would have to tell someone.

3 weeks later
(Still BEN's POV)

It's been happening on and off, the dreams. Ever sense then, I've been sleeping lightly in case he has it. But it's been happening less the past week and they don't seem to be as bad.

Although I broke the promise I made to myself, I think (Y/N) will be just fine. If they aren't as bad, then maybe they'll eventually go away. We're pretty close now, I guess. I don't have a lot of friends, but he seems pretty cool. I just really hope every thing turns out okay. He's my best friend, yah know? Also, you can't really have an xReader fanfic without the reader, am I right? ((A/N) wHATS A FOURTH WALL???)

tHIS IS SHORT AND TRASH. A fewpeople commented saying they wanted me to continue, so I guess that's what I'll do. I'll probably go back through and edit some stuff. Just the wording of stuff because eWW. The plot I have it's t too bad I guess. Welp, that's all for now.

Word Count: 1173
Edited: Like, half of it?

Fun Fact: It's actually very easy to blow smoke rings out of your mouth. You just fill it with smoke, flatten your tongue as far back into your mouth as possible, and while your mouth is in the shape of an "o" just push your tongue half way forward and then bring it back again. You must do all of this quickly. (I learned that from career day at school a while back)

ALSO THANK YOU FOR OVER 370 reads!!!!

Chaise🍄🌵