COUNTDOWN 9

I heard a conversation between 2 men faintly. I opened my eyes and I saw Jun Myeon talking to the doctor. "She is fine now. There is no need to worry. She can go home tomorrow," said the doctor, then the doctor left. I was shocked to hear the doctor refer me as a girl, then I looked at Jun Myeon anxiously. 

Jun Myeon locked the door then approached me with a cynical smile and arrogant attitude. Jun Myeon stared at me with a dislike gaze and said, "Whatever you plan to do, I suggest you to stop it right now and leave us alone. Thinking that you treat haraboji nicely, I will let you go without bringing this up to the police."

I looked at Jun Myeon and asked confusedly, "What are you talking about?" Jun Myeon brought his face closer to mine and looked at me with an intense stare. "I know what kind of person you are. You approach us to get money from us, right? But let me tell you something... You won't get a cent from us. I really hate people like you," said Jun Myeon.

"But... I don't have such intention... I swear... I never approach anyone of you to get money. I work in your house because I have to pay my debt to Jong In," I explained while staring at Jun Myeon. Jun Myeon looked away then stepped away from me. Jun Myeon said with his back facing me, "You don't have to worry about that. I will pay all your debt to Jong In. Don't you ever show your face again before us."

Suddenly Jun Myeon came close to me. He bent over and brought his mouth close to my ear to whisper, "Honestly, you are not bad. You could make money by giving up your body." I couldn't control my anger. I slapped Jun Myeon's face. Jun Myeon smiled cynically at me, then he left me.

I tried to calm down by thinking, "Well... This is the best solution for me. At least, I don't have to pretend as a guy anymore and I don't need to face that annoying Jong In and arrogant Jun Myeon. Also, my debt will be paid off. Nothing is better than this."

A nurse came in and gave me a medicine. I said, "Excuse me, could you please tell me what's wrong with me?" The nurse smiled and said, "Doctor said wearing a specific undershirt which presses your breasts can make it difficult for you to breathe. Moreover if it is too tight. You have to stop wearing it." "Aa~ I see. Thank you," I replied with a smile. 

After the nurse had left, I changed my patient outfit with my tuxedo. I indeed gained some weights because the lunch and the dinner at grandpa's mansion were always delicious.

Suddenly Jong Dae and grandpa came in, they looked worried. Seeing me wearing a tuxedo, Jong Dae asked in surprise, "Are you going to leave the hospital already?" I replied with a little bit nervous, "I... I'm fine already." Jong Dae said worriedly, "Are you sure? Last night you suddenly collapsed at haraboji's birthday party."

Grandpa said with a smile, "Jong Dae-ah, if he says he is fine then he is fine... Jojo-ah, you can go home to rest for today. You can come back to work next Monday." Jong Dae said to me, "I will drive you home after I send haraboji to his office." I left the hospital with Jong Dae and grandpa.

Jong Dae stopped his white Hyundai in front of EXO Company building. When I saw Jun Myeon coming to pick up grandpa, I looked down to avoid Jun Myeon's stare. Then Jong Dae drove me home and I told Jong Dae to drop me off 2 blocks away from Tao's aunt's apartment. Of course, I couldn't let Jong Dae know where I lived.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

1 week later.

I got startled when I saw Jong Dae showing up in my neighborhood. I went to hide immediately when I saw Jong Dae talking to my neighbours. I waited until Jong Dae left, then I came out from my hiding.

Suddenly my phone rang. I got a call from Jong Dae. "Hello... Yes... I am sorry, I will come to your house tomorrow. Please tell haraboji that I am so sorry," I said on the phone, then I hung up. Suddenly I heard Jong Dae shouting from behind me, "You kept saying the same sentence every time I called you! But you never showed up the next day!"