COUNTDOWN 4

Suddenly a housemaid showed up, she looked panicked. Jong Dae and Jun Myeon immediately released their hands from my hands. The housemaid told us that grandpa fell unconscious on the floor in his bedroom.

Jun Myeon dashed to grandpa's room, followed by Jong In and Jong Dae. I thought Min Seok should know about this, so I told the housemaid to tell Min Seok, then I went to grandpa's room.

When I arrived in grandpa's room, grandpa was already lying down on his bed and Jun Myeon was sitting on the edge of grandpa's bed while speaking on the phone, "Sure... Haraboji never missed his medicine but why is haraboji getting worse instead of getting better?... Okay, I got it... Okay, thank you, doctor."

Jong In stared at grandpa sadly and said, "Haraboji, you need to get well soon. Although I am not a good grandson, I don't want to see you like this." 

I stared at grandpa while thinking, "Maybe haraboji needs someone to stay by his side to take care of him. That is why he wants to get married once again. But... Why me? Why not someone else? " I got lost in my thoughts thus I didn't notice that Min Seok was already in grandpa's room. When I came back to my senses, I felt like Min Seok was staring at me from behind his sunglasses although I didn't know which way he was looking at.

While we were waiting for the doctor to come, Jun Myeon kept walking back and forth anxiously. Jong Dae sat on the sleeper sofa without saying anything with his face down. Jong In sat next to Jong Dae and he looked very sad. Min Seok sat on grandpa's bed.

After waiting for 30 minutes, finally grandpa's doctor arrived. The doctor examined grandpa and then gave grandpa a shot. "Don't worry, your haraboji is fine now," said the doctor. "Thank you for coming here quickly," said Jun Myeon. "I still have another patient waiting for me, I have to go now. Call me if anything happens to your haraboji," said the doctor. "Okay," Jun Myeon replied. Then the doctor left.

"Haraboji is fine now. You guys can leave. I will stay to watch haraboji," said Jun Myeon. Jong Dae, Jong In and Min Seok left grandpa's room. When I was going to leave grandpa's room, Jun Myeon grabbed my hand and said, "Please stay with me." Jun Myeon took me to sit on the sleeper sofa.

Jun Myeon held my hand while staring at grandpa sadly. "Haraboji is the only one who cares about me. I don't know what will happen to me if haraboji leaves me," said Jun Myeon. I saw tears flowing from Jun Myeon's eyes. I embraced Jun Myeon and he sobbed in my embrace. I stroked Jun Myeon's head gently and said in a soothing tone, "Haraboji will be fine. Haraboji will not leave you." 

After Jun Myeon had calmed down, I released my embrace. Jun Myeon suddenly stared at me with gentle gaze. When our eyes met, he brought his face close to mine slowly. He kissed me gently. I closed my eyes and replied his kiss.

After a while, Jun Myeon stopped kissing. I opened my eyes and looked at Jun Myeon. "It's late now, you should go back to your room to rest. Thank you for everything for today," said Jun Myeon, then he smiled sadly. "Let me stay here a little longer," I said. I decided to stay with Jun Myeon at least until he fell asleep. "Jun Myeon needs someone to stay by his side because he is so fragile now," I thought.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Damn that Kim Jong In!" I grumbled as I looked into the mirror to see the bruise on my tummy. "Argh!" I shouted in pain when I tried to press my bruise with my two fingers. I talked to myself, "I think I should buy a painkiller or something to heal my wound faster. It has been 2 days but why does it still feel so painful?"

Suddenly someone knocked the door of my room. I walked to the door while thinking, "Who comes to look for me this early? " I opened the door and I saw Jong In. I quickly closed the door, but before the door was fully closed, Jong In had already held the edge side of the door, stopping me from closing the door.