East of the Sun and West of the Moon Part 4

"Well," said Tim, "you don't need to bluster so, for here I am, your brother, the south wind, Tim, and here is the girl, Madeline, who was supposed to have had Prince Gilbert who lives in the castle that lies east of the sun and west of the moon, and now she wants to ask you if you ever were there, and can show her the way, for she wants so much to find him again."
"Yes, I know where it is," said Alfred; "a single time I blew an aspen leaf there, but afterward I was so tired that I couldn't blow a puff for many days. But if you really wish to go there, and aren't afraid to come along with me, I'll take you on my back and see if I can blow you there."
Yes, with all her heart; she wanted to and had to get there if it were at all possible; and she wouldn't be afraid, however madly he went.
"Very well, then," said Alfred, "but you must sleep here tonight, for we must have the whole day before us, if we're to get there at all."

France: are we sure this isn't England?

America: Hey!? I am capable of being serious!

Early next morning Alfred woke her, and puffed himself up, and blew himself out, and made himself so stout and big that he was gruesome to look at. Off they went high up through the air, as if they would not stop until they reached the end of the world.

Everyone: *quietly snickers*

America: if any of you make a joke about me being fat, I swear I'll... I'll

Nyo England: you'll what?

America: I'll think of something!

Here on earth there was a terrible storm; acres of forest and many houses were blown down, and when it swept over the sea, ships wrecked by the hundred.
They tore on and on -- no one can believe how far they went -- and all the while they still went over the sea, and Alfred got more and more weary, and so out of breath he could barely bring out a puff, and his wings drooped and drooped, until at last he sunk so low that the tops of the waves splashed over his heels.

America: I have wings?

Nyo England: you're the north wind. Of course you have wings!

"Are you afraid?" said Alfred.
No, she wasn't.
They weren't very far from land by now, and Alfred had enough strength left that he managed to throw her up on the shore under the windows of the castle which lay east of the sun and west of the moon. But then he was so weak and worn out, that he had to stay there and rest many days before he could go home again.

America: and the hero save the day!

Nyo Canada: finally, I got there. That took forever.

America: Hey!?

Nyo Canada: I mean the whole adventure as a whole. Calm down.

America: oh. Than yes, that did take a really long time to get here.

The next morning Madeline sat down under the castle window, and began to play with the golden apple. The first person she saw was the long-nosed princess, Anneliese, who was to have the prince.

Nyo Austria: why!?

Me: because it's funny.

"What do you want for your golden apple, you girl?" said the long-nosed one, as she opened the window.

Nyo Austria: oh come on!

Prussia: *laughing his ass off*

"It's not for sale, for gold or money," said Madeline.
"If it's not for sale for gold or money, what is it that you will sell it for? You may name your own price," said Princess Anneliese.
"Well, you can have it, if I may get to Prince Gilbert, who lives here, and be with him tonight," said Madeline whom Alfred had brought.
Yes, that could be done. So the Princess Anneliese took the golden apple; but when Madeline came up to Prince Gilbert's bedroom that night, he was fast asleep. She called him and shook him, and cried and grieved, but she could not wake him up. The next morning, as soon as day broke, Princess Anneliese with the long nose came and drove her out.

Everyone: oh come on!

France: give my poor child a break!

That day Madeline sat down under the castle windows and began to card with her golden carding comb, and the same thing happened. Princess Anneliese asked what she wanted for it. She said it wasn't for sale for gold or money, but if she could have permission to go to Prince Gilbert and be with him that night, Princess Anneliese could have it. But when she went to his room she found him fast asleep again, and however much she called, and shook, and cried, and prayed, she couldn't get life into him. As soon as the first gray peep of day came, Princess Anneliese with the long nose came, and chased her out again.

Everyone: really!?

Norway: yes, really.

That day Madeline sat down outside under the castle window and began to spin with her golden spinning wheel, and Princess Anneliese with the long nose wanted to have it as well. She opened the window and asked what she wanted for it. Madeline said, as she had said twice before, that it wasn't for sale for gold or money, but if she could go to Prince Gilbert who was there, and be alone with him that night she could have it.

Everyone: here we go again.

Yes, she would be welcome to do that. But now you must know that there were some Christians, a Trio by the names of Toris, Eduard, and Ravis, who had been taken there, and while they were sitting in their room, which was next to Prince Gilbert's, they had heard how a woman had been in there, crying, praying, and calling to him for two nights in a row, and they told this to Prince Gilbert.

Baltic Trio: we helped fight Russia! Yay!

Nyo Russia: *arches eyebrow at them* what?

Baltic Trio: w-we didn't say anything.

Latvia: we helped fight you in this fairytale.

Eduard and Lithuania: Latvia!

Nyo Russia: *trying to squish Latvia again.*