chapter sixteen

Vote if you enjoy!

Clara's POV

I wake up feeling warm and safe. I feel a blanket pulled over me, my face rests against Draco's chest. He must have moved us to his room. Draco is awake, his arms are wrapped around me and his fingers are running through my hair. I nuzzle my face into him and he chuckles. I don't think I've ever felt so content. I must have slept through the night, I haven't done that in months. I roll over, blinking as the room fades into view. Crabbe and Goyle are nowhere to be seen, and Blaise sits at the foot of his bed, smirking at us.

"She's back," he says with a joking tone. I roll my eyes, propping myself up on my elbows and yawning.

Draco rolls over too, wincing at the light and swinging his legs off the bed. He moves over to a chest of draws and starts pulling out his uniform. He then walks straight to the bathroom without so much as a good morning. I thought I'd gotten him back. I thought I'd found him.

I turn back to Blaise, "Hey, Blaise?"

"Mmm,"

"What's the deal with Daphne?"

Blaise freezes, his eyes widen, he reaches a hand out to brace himself on one of the posts of Draco's four poster bed. "Are you asking me for gossip?" he says in disbelief, his voice breathy,

"I guess if it's gossip then sure?" I answer, tilting my head. I only wanted to know why Daphne is so interested in everyone else's business.

"Finally! Someone who appreciates my true talents. Draco has chosen well," Blaise jumps up onto the foot of the bed, sitting crosslegged and clearing his throat theatrically. "What is it you would like to know?"

"Why does she stick her nose in other people's business so often?" I say slowly, unsure.

"Oh! She's always done that, it means she cares about you. If she didn't it would mean she doesn't like you, and you don't want that. She's a savage. Trust me, we hated each other for a good two years." He answers, shrugging.

"O-okay? What about her and Pansy?" Blaise seems to know everything.

"Talk about complicated," He says, nodding to himself, "They love each other one week, hate each other the next. They've been a couple since fourth year. The Yule Ball was one hell of a drama- They were undergoing a breakup at the time, only to get together a week later."

I nod, looking down at my hands. It makes sense, not that I didn't know they were together- If they weren't I'd be very confused- I just didn't want to make that assumption without someone else's input. I quietly slip out of the bed as Blaise starts lecturing Draco about how long it takes him to grease his hair. I shout goodbye to the two of them and head out, grinning to myself as I hear Blaise yelling theatrically down the corridor.

xxx

"Are you coming or not?"

"Yeah yeah just give me a second!"

Daphne takes her time neatening her curled hair, and checking her lipstick, making both Pansy and I feel rather underdressed. It's the first Quidditch game of the season, and Millie and Blaise are playing, so we've gotten ourselves decked out in scarves and green ribbons in an attempt to look as Slytherin as possible. I'm wearing jeans and a green sweater I'm borrowing from Pansy, my Slytherin scarf, prefect badge and a green beanie. Plus, Daphne convinced Pansy and I to put on some silver eyeshadow.

Finally, Daphne appears, clothed in a frilly green dress, stockings and heeled boots, a small handbag on her arm. Red lipstick and her hair curled around her face - Pansy cut it for her a few days ago. I glance at Pansy, smiling at her bewildered and lovesick eyes. She wears jeans as well, a silver crop top, and a long green cardigan. She too sports a large Slytherin scarf. Daphne blushes, raising her small Slytherin flag and waving it excitedly,

"Shall we?"

Pansy raises her eyebrows, nodding. She holds out her hand and Daphne takes it, they grin excitedly at each other as they hurry out to the common room. Draco said he would come too I remind myself. You won't be third-wheeling the whole time. I follow them out, stepping into the humming common room and scanning the crowds that are filing out the door. I see the others look up at me from across the room. Where is he?

I walk over slowly, "Where is Draco?"

"He's, er, I don't know." Crabbe says,

I look back to the door that leads to the dorms, "Maybe he's-"

"He isn't there. I don't know where he's gone." Crabbe says, shrugging at me.

My heart drops. Come on. Not now. Please. Pansy and Daphne turn to leave, giving me a sympathetic glance. I swallow my tears, standing up straight. He might already be there. Maybe he's not coming at all. I can't get my hopes up for a fun afternoon with him. No worries and no classes. Just fun.

Wherever he is - He wouldn't. No, he wouldn't. Don't be silly. This isn't a big deal. Is it?

I'll have to put on a brave face. I'm rather good at that.

When we get to the Quidditch pitch, the game has already started. Pansy is teasing Daphne about how it's her fault we're late. I listen carefully from behind, ready to catch any fallout. Thankfully, this time, no one gets hurt. We find ourselves some seats, I scan the crowd for Draco, maybe he did come down early. He's nowhere to be seen. While the others cheer, I slump back in my seat, propping my head up in my hands, watching the game progress. I try not to let my disappointment dampen the mood, instead I focus on Millie's flying.

Still, my eyes flicker away from her every now and then and over to Harry. I've watched him play Quidditch since he was in the first year, he's even better at it now.

xxx

Hello again

I am back for update no. 2 for the week

I really love updating but I have to save them and also like gotta keep up the mystery and intrigue ya feel

I value each and every one of you,

Taylor xxx