Prom

I was re-reading some old chapters and in the chapter where Normani visits her parents' graves she tells them about seven year old Lauren being bullied by a four year old boy. WHY DID NO ONE TALK ABOUT THAT? WHY DID I NOT TALK ABOUT THAT? WHAT THE HELL???!!!

I'm trying to find a way to insert it into the story, by a flashback or deleted scene. We'll see.

-

Normani patted her dress down, looking at her reflection. It was the most magical night of high school. The most magical day of her life had already been chose, and nothing could beat it. (It was the day Dinah and Ally adopted her and Lauren. That was a dream come true after her parents  passed away.)

"Y-you look like a p-princess," Lauren told her older sister, smiling. She hugged Cameron. "P-princess Mani."

"Thanks Lo," Normani answered, smiling at the girl.

The younger sister smiled and rubbed the top of Cameron's head.

"So, so p-pretty," Lauren told her, her attention on the kitten.

Normani rolled her eyes when she heard the doorbell go off. She was about to leave the room when Lauren stopped her.

"No, s-stay. I-I wan-wanna talk to V-Val," Lauren told her, running out the room.

Normani shook her head and watched her youngest sister walk out. Cameron let out a small meow and moved to lay down next to Normani.

"This is gonna be interesting."

-

Lauren opened the door. Val was standing at the doorway, a grin on his face. He was holding a box with a flower inside, a black tux on.

"Hey Lo, how are you doing? How is Lucy?"

"I-I'm good. L-Lucy's okay. I-I wanna t-talk to y-you," Lauren told the older boy, signaling for the older teen to walk in.

Val walked into the house and smiled at his girlfriend's mothers. They looked amused. Lauren lead him to the kitchen.

"S-sit p-please," Lauren told the older boy, signaling for the chair in front of her.

Val nodded his head and sat down.

"D-do you want water?"

"Yeah, thanks Lauren," he answered, watching Lauren get water and place it in front of him. Lauren then sat down in front of him.

She reached into her pocket and took out some index cards.

"Wh-what did you p-plan f-for to-today?" Lauren asked, watching Val.

Val smiled. "Well Mani and I are going to pick up Becky, Naomi, Bebe, Bonner, Jilly and Blair. Then we are all headed to dinner. Then the dance."

"N-no h-hotel room?" Lauren questioned, a confused look on her face.

Val shook her head. "No hotel. Normani wants to spend as many nights with you and Camila before college."

A grin appeared on Lauren's face. She nodded her head. "P-protect her?"

"Always."

"Mani! Lolo's done interrogating-" there was a thump, "-I'm fine!"

Lauren let out a giggle.

Val stood up and went to the doorway to wait for Normani.

Lauren watched as Val dropped the flower when Normani walked in. "Wow," he whispered, his eyes glued on Normani.

Normani blushed, "You look handsome."

"Wow."

Camila leaned towards Lauren. "I think he's broken."