Introduction

Wondering the dark and deserted streets of a night is like a hobby of mine. The danger, the thrill, it's like an adrenaline shot right to the heart. The darker the street, the better.

I live in the sketchy part of town, the type of place where you'd see someone taking a whiff of a bong on their porch at 3am. I know that doesn't seem that abnormal or weird but the worst part was, they'd stare you dead in the eyes as you walked by. It's like their glares burned a hole in you, like a laser. Draining you of your sanity, trying to take your soul.

There was something different about this night. It felt, dangerous. More so than the other nights. I had encountered a lot of things on my outings so late but there was a different feel to this one. I feel as though I'm being watched, like something is lurking in my shadow. But when I look around, nothing is there. The only thing following me is my shadow. That taunting dark shadow forced to follow me by the beaming street lights, glowing in the misty winter night. I am about 20 minutes away from the shithole I call 'home'. It's never had that homely feel.

I guess you could say, my family and I never really got along. Mickey, a drug addict and an alcoholic all wrapped up in one bundle, I guess you could call that my father. Followed by Stacy, she followed his habits. Stacy is Mickey's partner, making her my step-mum but man did I hate that bitch. She always acted like she was my mother when she wasn't. I'd never met my mum. Going by what my father told me, she ran away after I was born. Apparently I was an 'accident.' Now that stings, when your own father says that to your face heartlessly. And last of all, Ally. My older sister, she always acted like she was better than me. Just because dad gave her what ever she wanted, of course she was the favourite. She's absolutely beautiful. But I'm stuck looking like a sewer rat!

Anyway back to what I was saying. I'm about 20 minutes away from home and I hear a twig snap in the distance causing me to jump. Might I add, I lived close to the woods, the grim woods. No one dare enters in fear of being lost. No one knows what may be lurking behind those never ending trees. I brush it off like it was nothing. 'Probably just a wallaby.' I think to myself. I look down at my lit up phone screen, the time showing '2:30am'. "Crap!" I exclaim as I realise I've been walking these grim streets for hours. I have to get up for school in 5 hours. Gaining speed I hear a trash can hit the ground, I look to my left and see it rolling across the ground. I freak out and begin to run. Suddenly a figure appears in front of me but before I could scream a hand covered my mouth. Next thing I remember is waking up in my bed sweating.

That was the first time I saw him.