Midnight Café

When I arrived at the Café I looked around for Cara. Instantly my eyes flicker to our usual spot and what do you know, guess where she was. I rush over to greet her. She was really my only friend in this world and she was a great one. Minus the constant yet friendly mockery.

"You're late!" She screeched at me.
I pulled out my phone to check her accusation. '12:02' My phone screen displayed the time, she was right.

"It's only two minutes Car, geez. I had to sneak out otherwise I'd get my ass kicked and I practically ran here."

A sudden coldness brushed over me, causing me to shiver in my seat. 'That was weird' I thought to myself. I was snapped back into reality when the bell above the door chimed, hinting that someone had entered. Cara and I being the nosey bitches we are turned to look who entered.

A tall white male, around 18 or 19, 6"2 roughly. Jet black hair, covered in tattoos. I swear my heart skipped a beat, he was so hot! He was wearing ripped black jeans, a black and white stripped shirt and overall's. I'd never seen him before in my life but something felt familiar about him.

"Might wanna wipe away the drool from the corner of your mouth Kay," Cara laughed at me. She had a boyfriend but I didn't. The mockery never ended.

I quickly turned back around to face Cara on the other end of the table,

"He is smoking hot!" I exclaimed quietly but excitedly. I was like a little kid in a lolly shop. It's not every day you find a hot emo in this town. But he'd never go for someone like me.

Cara just laughed in return and we continued our conversation until the early hours of the morning. Once we had decided it was time to head home it was around 1:30am. I'm gonna regret this tomorrow. I go up to the counter to pay for our order but the guy behind the counter tells me it was already paid for and points to the hot emo from earlier; he was staring dead at me. Our eyes meet; greeting me with a subtle smirk and wink. I feel my insides flutter. There was just something about him that made me warm and fuzzy on the inside.

"Okay. It's time to get you outta here before you get yourself into trouble," Cara says in a parenting manner. Ugh, I hated her sometimes.

Breaking the trance I was under I spoke, "at least let me say thank you. I mean he paid our bill, I have to be polite."

"You, polite?  That's hilarious," Cara snickered at me.

I just stuck the finger up at her and walked over to the table he was sitting at.

"Hey. Umm I just wanted to say thank you for paying our bill. That's was very kind of you, I appreciate it. I'm sure my rude friend does too, excuse her non-existent manners," I point toward Cara. With no surprise to me she was distracted on her phone, probably talking to that boy toy of hers.

"No problem love, just doing a beautiful girl a favour," that voice caught me straight away. Deep and raspy, but different. Like nothing I had heard before. I was stuck under his spell. I could feel my cheeks redden. He called me beautiful. I open my mouth to reply but fail to form words. God damn it Kay! Get yourself together.

"Haha, lost for words are we?" He smirked at me. God damn the things this boy is doing to me! "I'm Remington by the way."

"I'm Kay," I managed to shyly blurt out.

"Cute. Do I make you nervous?" Crap! Was it that noticeable?

Before I could reply Cara yelled at me, "Come on, we have to go. It's getting really late. You can flirt with hot guys later!" That's it, she was gonna get it!

"I'm so sorry, I'll see you around," I charged at Cara and she ran for dear life. I could still feel his stare, so capturing, captivating. Would I ever see him again? And why was he so familiar?