Nightmare Or Reality?

Kay's P.O.V.

Wiping the sweat from my forehead I try to recall the events of last night.
'What was that? Who was he? Or had I imagined such an occurrence?'

Catching my breath I decide I should probably get ready for school. A sudden buzzing started coming from my bed side table. I roll over in my silky black bed sheets to grab my phone. I was receiving a call from my best friend Cara.

"Hello?" I mumble in my rough morning voice.

"Where the hell are you? It's second period!!" She basically screams at me through the phone.

Checking my phone I soon realise she was right. It was 10am.

"Crap! I'm so sorry. Tell Mr. McGrath I'll be there soon!" I hang up the phone frantically  and quickly rush around my room trying to piece together my outfit for today.

I grab my favourite black ripped jeans off of the floor, I owned about 10 pairs. No joke, I love these stupid jeans. Rushing over to my cupboard I swing open the doors and choose a Marilyn Manson t-shirt, always a wise choice in my book. Quickly chucking my clothes on, I grab my combat boots from under my bed and start lacing them up. I rush into the bathroom and quickly apply some black eyeliner and black eye shadow. It was my every day look. I guess you could say I was a bit of an emo. I decide to leave my long black hair out for the day. Brushing the knots out and proceeding to brush my teeth with my spare hand. Spitting the contents into the sink I apply black lipstick and run downstairs. Almost forgetting my wallet, I rush back to the kitchen table and chuck it in my school back and away I go.

-10:20-

I practically ran to school. Worst part is, I forgot to bring a drink bottle. By the time I reached the school I was out of breath. I knew I'd have a lot of explaining to do but Mr. McGrath was understanding. Surely he'd be okay with it? It was only Maths class. I was way ahead in his class. I guess you could say I was a teachers pet.
Sprinting down the hall to my locker I slam the door shut and run to class with my books. I enter room 'B7', Maths. I open the door and everyone stares at me. I see the typical jocks in the back row making snarky comments, we never got along.

"Ah, Kay! I see you finally decided to show up." Spoke a raspy voice.

"Mr. McGrath. I'm so sorry. I slept in..." I speak shyly. Well, more embarrassed than anything.

"Hmm I suppose I'll let it slip just this once. But I don't wanna hear that again this week. Do you understand?" He gave me a stern look.

"Yes sir," I quickly found Cara and sat down. I could feel my cheeks slowly erupting into a reddened state.

20 minutes had passed and the bell rang for break. Cara and I hung out in the usual spot. Furthest away from everyone. We were the unsocial few. An anti social social club I guess you could say.

"So. Why were you late aye? Busy night?" Cara questioned with a wink soon followed by a quick drink of her water.

"The weirdest thing happened last night. But you wouldn't believe me. I don't even believe it myself. It was probably just a nightmare." Made sense. I got nightmares a lot, ever since I was young. Growing up in a place like I did wasn't healthy for a little brain to process. The psychological damage soon unraveled as I got older.

"Oooooh. Tell me. Did Kay finally lose her virginity?" She laughed obnoxiously. I was the only one of her friends that was still a virgin.

"Seriously Cara? It's not all about sex you know!?" I snapped. "Sorry. Barley slept."

"What happened?" Curiosity spilt from her small but perky pink lips.

"I was walking around the streets. I checked my phone to see it was 2:30am. So I quickened my speed. I kept hearing noises but I brushed them off thinking it was just a wallaby in the distance," she nodded her head at me as if to say to continue. So I did. "But then a trash can fell over so I bolted. Then it all happened so quickly. Something appeared in front of me, covering my mouth before I could scream. Then next thing I remember, I woke up in my bed." I knew she wouldn't believe a word I said. 'Crazy' that's what she'll call me.

The atmosphere filled with laughter and she rolled around like an idiot like she thought it was hilarious. I could feel the disbelief draining from her every laugh.
"Thanks. Nice to know you believe me."

"I'm sorry Kay. It's just-" she couldn't even finish her sentence before erupting in laughter again. Man I hated her sometimes.

I grabbed my stuff and left. I can't deal with this shit today. Sleep deprivation sucks!
The rest of the school day went by pretty fast. In Art I just listened to Marilyn Manson and doodled in my book. Before I knew it, the bell to go home finally rang. The halls filled with hungry teens, fleeing to their homes.