Late Hours

As soon as Cara left I made my way to the park we had agreed to meet at. By the time I arrived I had a few minutes to spare. Looking around I realised it was fairly empty, it gave off that kinda sad and eerie vibe. Creepy, but sad. I walk over to the single seated swing set, sitting down and swaying back and forth ever so slightly- making sure only to move my feet along the ground, not wanting to disconnect from what was keeping me grounded. I'd already lost my stability in other circumstances.

A few minutes ticked by and suddenly I was surprised with two hands covering my eyes, they felt chillingly cold.

"Guess who," that strong, thick voice was so irresistible. Fuck it was hot...

I just giggled in reply and removed his hands from my face. "Hey Remington, thanks for coming," I must have been blushing or something because he had a large smirk planted on his beautiful face when I looked at him.

"Well what do you want to do? Considering you asked to meet up," he spoke with such sophistication seeping from his pores. Smirking at the end of his sentence. Those beautiful pink lips looked so evil but I was so drawn in. I wonder how they tasted. "Kay?"

Shit I must have zoned out in thought of those lips... "Sorry I zoned out. Ahh, I don't know. To be honest, I'm down for anything right now. I have no place to go, no place to call home so it's up to you." Wow, way to go Kay, spitting out your troubles to a guy you barley know. Now he probably thinks you're worthless just like the rest of your family do. I felt a slight tear escape my duct and trickle down my cheek.

Remington lifted his hand to my face and gently wiped away my tear. His hand stayed there for a while, holding my face. I felt comfort in this moment- a feeling I thought I'd long lost. "It's going to be alright Kay. Come here, you look like you need a hug," he opened his arms so welcomingly for me to enter into. I do not hesitate to stand from the swing and move into his embrace.

His arms wrapped around me so gently, I snuggled into his chest. Sniffling a bit as I let a few more tears fall. 'Get yourself together Kay, he doesn't need to see you this way. It's your problem not his.'

"I'm sorry Remington, you don't need to see me like this," I try to pull away from his hug but he just squeezes me tightly. I no longer wanted to leave, I felt this was where I belonged in this very moment.

"Shhh, it's okay," his voice was so sweet. He pulled away from the hug and held me at arms distance, looking me in the eyes. "Tell me what you need." I was speechless. A guy who barley knew me, actually cared?

"My bed but that's not a choice I have..." I trailed off very briefly before continuing, "If I got back to that shit hole, I'll be sure to die there this time. I'm lucky I got away as it is." I stared aimlessly at the ground, falling into an abyss of bad memories from that place.

His fingers led up to my chin and lifted my face to look him in the eyes, why was he so dreamy? "You can have my bed tonight."

"No I couldn't, I-" cutting me off before I could form an excuse.

"I said, you can have my bed." Staring me dead in the eyes, I felt the tension.

"Th-thank you..." I had forgotten what it felt like to be treated right. This was foreign to me.

——

By this stage we had been sitting on the park bench just getting to know one another better for what felt like hours. I actually smiled a few times at him. This boy made me feel accepted for who I was, for who I actually was- not the type of person everyone tried to make me be. I pulled out my phone to get a shock '2AM'.

"Holy shit." I held the phone into Remingtons view.

"Perhaps we should get you back to my place, you can crash as long as you'd like."

"Thanks Rem," I moved in for a hug before he led me to his car.