Personal Hell

Kay's P.O.V.

~Home~
Entering the shit box I call home I was filled with instant regret. Man I hated this place. I hated a lot of things but this topped them all. It's like my own personal hell but I can't escape it forever. I can lock myself away in my room but they'd kick my door down eventually.

"Look who finally showed up!" Spoken so snarky, I don't need to look at the face to know who said that.

"Go Away Ally."

"What's the problem? Little sissy having boy problems again?" God I hated her. Such an obnoxious brat. I mean that's expected if you've literally gotten anything you've asked for your whole life.

"Seriously Ally, leave me alone."

"What's going on here?" Ugh great. Now 'Dad' joined in.

"Nothing important Dad," I instantly shot back. 'Dad,' that's funny. I snickered under my breath at that thought. How was that my father?

I turn left and walk up the stairs rushing into my room and locking the door so I don't have to deal with those dweebs. They gave me hell day-in and day-out. Can they ever cut me some slack? I'm so close to being pushed over the edge yet again...

*buzz* *buzz*

Cara: Hey Girl. I'm sorry about earlier. Meet me at our favourite cafe in 10?

Kay: Yeah, sure thing. Anything that gets me out of this shit hole.

As I put my phone away I decide I should tell Dad. He always got mad when I left without telling him, not that he'd let me go if I told him anyway.

"Hey Dad. Uh, Cara wants me to meet her at the cafe in 10. I'll be home before 10 if that's okay?" I never spoke nicely to him unless I wanted something and he knew it. He'd always take advantage of it too.

"You have unfinished chores to do Kay. You know you can't go anywhere until they're done. Get to it! Chop! Chop!" Clapping his hands along. Man I just wanted to punch him in the face so bad.

Now to break the bad news to Cara.

Kay: Hey Cara... Dad's being an ass again. He's making me do chores. I could meet you there at midnight again?

She's a night owl just like me. That's one thing I loved about her.

Ella: Yeah sure. See you then!

~11:50~
Everyone was finally asleep. The only time I enjoyed in this house was when the monsters were asleep. It was never this quiet at any other time. We're always at each other's necks, always getting into fights. I remember once when I was 15 my Dad came home drunk as all hell and went mad at me for not doing anything. Of course an innocent person defends themselves, so I did. And he hit me fair in the face. I had to go to school that week with a black eye pretending that I ran into a door. I was to afraid to tell anyone the truth. I used to be terrified of my father. If I'm honest, I still kinda am. 3 years later and still afraid of him; afraid of what he could do. Knowing damn well that he could end me at any given moment. Would that be such a bad thing?...

I was snapped out of my thoughts when a sudden crash came from my window. I walk over and see that yet another bird had flown straight into my window and broke its neck. That's the third time this week. Poor birds. So stupid sometimes.

Cara was the impatient type. Unlocking my phone I saw 5 unread messages.

11:50, Cara: Kay. You left yet?
11:51, Cara: Hellllooooooooo?
11:52, Cara: Girl don't you be ignoring me!
11:53, Cara: Kay I swear to god!
11:54, Cara: I'm here. Where are you?

Sometimes it pissed me off how impatient she was. After all, she was the early one!!

Kay: Geez calm down! I'm on my way now. Be there in 5.

I put my phone back in my pocket as I left the house quietly, making sure I didn't wake the beasts. And I walked the well known path to my safe haven. The Café.