Chapter Five Saved

Keitaro was holding Harry on his shoulder when he tsked.

"Oi, Keitaro!" the black-haired man started in annoyance "How the hell did the kid ask for help!?" he asked while gritting his teeth's, if this continue like this and the Anbu learn that they Kidnapped someone in their territory, it's a matter of seconds before they are dead or tortured.

Keitaro glared at his teammate;

"What do you want me to do!?" he snarled "I didn't expect Anbu to appear or the kid to broke the rope and scream for help!"

Both of the men knew that Anbu wouldn't attack them without reason, at worst watching over them making sure they don't cause problems but by the way they're running after them, they know what they did.

The simple fact they're from Kumogakure was reason enough for Anbu not to attack, even if because of them the Hyuuga Clan lost someone after they tried to kidnap their princess but now that the Kitsune asked for help, they. Were. Dead!

There have been rumors of a new Kekkei Genkai in the forest where the Kitsune has been living, people talked about a strange toddler sleeping or playing in the water, strangely when people would try to approach him a blue mist would surround him and the child would disappear, like a ghost.

Naturally, this caused some rumors and Kumogakure wanted his team to investigate and if possible, take the child back with them.

Why they thought it was a Kekkei Genkai?

Obviously, human does not have extra appendages, and this was enough to send them to investigate.

Keitaro knew there was something off about this mission, that they didn't tell him all the information needed but he was a Shinobi, he didn't dare to ask.

It wasn't difficult to know Kumogakure wants the boy for themselves even if they have to kidnap him from the Land of Fire.

"Shit!" a familiar voice cursed, making Keitaro turn around to see his teammate has been surrounded by Anbu, a kunai on his neck holding him in place.

"Don't be stupid, run!" his teammate growled at him when he saw Keitaro stopping.

Keitaro looked at his teammate, his eyes darkening before he started running again, faster, he wasn't strong enough to fight Anbu.

He closed his eyes when he heard his teammate screaming but ignored it and ran faster, his mind twirling with different feelings until finally, one of them won. He stopped and looked around until he saw a tree with a well-hidden hole in the trunk, he bit his lips before deciding to let the child in it, making sure he can't scream for help.

Keitaro really wants to complete this mission but... he can't abandon his teammate, even if it means he will die.

"Kuchiyose no Jutsu!"

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Harry looked in confusion at Keitaro when the man turned around and ran back toward where the masked men were.

Harry couldn't understand why the man ran back toward his own death, Keitaro was stupid by doing something like that after all, who says that the black-haired man will do the same thing for him, that his teammate will not betray him?

For him, Keitaro was naïve and stupid.

Some seconds ago, before the man ran back toward his friend, he said some strange words and ink appeared on the ground followed by a puff and a small pigeon, he said some words to the pigeon, who strangely nodded and started flying away.