Chapter 1

I figured it's pretty confusing so just to make it a little bit clearer:

- Dinah dated Cordell and Quincy, basically cheated on both with Normani
- Normani dated Cordell and Keith
- Quincy dated Dinah who cheated on him with mani, and Lauren who cheated on him with Ty
- Ryan dated Austin and had Keith's baby that she gave up for adoption
- Austin dated Ryan but broke up with her for Camila, they're dating now
- Lauren and Ty are dating
- Troye and Jacob are dating

-----

They're barely off of her street before the first hiccup occurs.

Keith casually mentions that he hasn't packed any underwear for the trip, and he's the only one that argues it when Normani reroutes them all to the mall.

/

Keith and Normani face one another as they throw angry words back and forth at each other in the middle of the near empty mall parking lot.

Keith mostly shouts about how she ruins all of his fun, that she's changed because she used to love it when he didn't wear underwear. Normani ignores everything he says and switches between muttering low curse words, and screaming that she's leaving without him if he doesn't get the hell inside and buy at least thirty pairs of boxer shorts.

The rest of the group remains inside the cars, watching the showdown with bored intrigue. They say nothing, just listen and wonder how these two were ever in anyway together.

That's until Cordell slowly breaks through the shouting with a cough and mentions that he actually needs to pick up a few things too.

Five minutes later, Normani's yelling that they have half an hour before she's high-tailing it out of there without them.

/

She ends up sitting in Starbucks with Ryan, drinking another gallon of coffee. Ryan sips on a cup of tea like she's nineteenth century British and neither of them say anything as she silently works out the new ETAs on their itinerary.

"We're already an hour behind and we haven't even left Lima," Ryan tells her like she wasn't completely aware of the fact.

Normani digs into her pockets for some cash. Four cups in thirty minutes has got to be a new record, or at least a personal best. "We should have just flown down there the night that Keith found out. It would have saved so much hassle."

Ryan steadies the table as Normani almost knocks their drinks over in a disgruntled war with her own clothing.

"But that would mean that Dinah wouldn't be here." Ryan says it like it's nothing, but it causes Normani to stop and stare at her friend, studying her carefully.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

Ryan shrugs and drains the last of her cup. "You want another?" she asks and then she's out of her seat before Normani can punch her in the face for being so damn annoying.

She doesn't even get to question her when she returns to the table because the others come in and ask them if they want to go get breakfast.

/

Normani shouts for another five minutes about being behind schedule and almost punches Camila when she tries to back her up.

She abruptly stops when she's cramped in a booth beside Dinah and their bare thighs touch. It's electric and she darts away at the sensation. That's until Dinah shuffles closer to her and she has no choice but to feel it again and again.

They'll get there when they get there.

/

Breakfast, shopping, another coffee run, and a fifteen minute struggle to fit everything they've purchased into the cars, makes them three hours behind schedule. Normani's so past mad that she doesn't say anything, just sits with her hands firmly planted on the steering wheel.