Chapter 6

It's a bit disorientating to wake up and be able to hear the ocean licking over golden sand. For a moment, she thinks she's still dreaming and doesn't dare to move in case she scares the dream away.

Because it's not just hearing the ocean, or the breeze she feels whispering in through the balcony doors, that makes it impossible for her to believe that this is real. It's the indescribable warmth she feels pressed up against her body, the way that there's skin pressed into every curve and contour of her body, that make her refuse to believe that she isn't dreaming. There's no way that this can happen two days in a row.

But when she feels fingers tracing backwards and forwards over her collarbones, and air tickling against the column of her neck, she starts to believe that maybe dreams can come true sometimes.

Her eyes flicker and her nose scrunches as another stroke of wind shifts the air around her. A familiar laugh traces against her neck and she opens her eyes just as the heaviness against her neck pulls away to look at her.

"Hi," Normani whispers, voice groggy with sleep. Any apprehension or fear she might have is non-existent when she lets her hand reach to cup Dinah's cheek, just to make sure she's really there.

"Hey."

Dinah smiles and that's more real than anything she's ever seen.

/

They lay there and it's impossible for Normani to not think about how she wants every morning to be like this, with Dinah curled around her, setting her world straight and off-kilter at the same time.

It's even more impossible for her to not think about when it's all going to be taken away; it seems the more likely of the two thoughts that duel one another in her head.

Her fingers reach to tangle in the hair at the back of Dinah's head, stroking through it and letting her fingers linger at the top of Dinah's spine. She listens to Dinah breathe, listens to how gentle she sounds, how gentle she feels against her skin and lets her brain remember every sensation.

Just in case.

/

Eventually, Dinah takes the leap. She leans up on her elbow and looks down at Normani carefully. Her lips are still a little swollen but pale from sleep. Her hair tumbles over her shoulders and Normani breathes out unevenly at how beautiful she looks.

Dinah smiles when she notices it and leans in, teasing her with a nudge of the nose, seconds before Normani tilts her chin to capture her lips.

"Good morning." Normani whispers the greeting, not feeling weird that they've already been awake over for half an hour.

Dinah smirks against her lips, one hand cupping her cheek. "Yeah," she says in agreement.

/

There's a weird sense of Deja vu when she starts making paths up Dinah's neck, lips trailing softly and slowly like they have a couple of days instead of a couple of hours before they have to leave this room.

It feels different than how it used to be, and she supposes that it should, considering everything. Dinah's touch is different; their bodies feel different. She doesn't try to keep her distance, and presses as close to Dinah as she can.

She doesn't let her hands remain passive at her sides, occasionally resting on Dinah's boobs. She strokes them down Dinah's arms, up her neck, reaches down to brush the curve of Dinah's hip and bring her thick thighs tighter around her waist. The other curls in Dinah's hair and she pulls away every so often, just to look at Dinah, smiling at her softly with heavy-lidded eyes and flushed cheeks.