Eighteen Years On -Part 1

Maisie's POV

The year 2036

********************

It had been 18 years today since I came into this world and 14 years since my mum passed away. I only have a few memories of her that fill my dreams up once in a while.  I'd dream that she's next to me, singing to me and her soft voice would speak to my soul and her arms would wrap around my body in a loving embrace and only then could she take me away from this hell that my Dad has made for us.

Sat in the warm Los Angeles sun basking in the blades of grass I open my scrap book that my mum Liv gave to me when she got sick and began to read.

Page 1 -

Dear Maisie Moo,
*open me on 18th Birthday*

My little moomin !

How beautiful do you look! And your brother Mason. I'm so blessed to be given such beautiful and smart babies. I hope you're doing me proud and never taking your life for granted. You are the reason I became me. Without you and your brother I'd be nothing.

Since the day I found out I was having you, you brought nothing but happiness into my life and I wish I could be around to take you to your first day of school, or your first sports match, or your prom and wedding. Because I hate myself for not being there. I just hope you know your Daddy is a very brave man and he loves you dearly and so do I.  He may not be the best dad in the world but I promise you he will protect you with an inch of his heart.

The day you was born was one of the worst and best days of my life. You came into this world the same way you lived it. Dramatically. And your father and I never knew what true love was until we took one look at you. You was and still are our baby girl and our everything.

You're old enough now to understand what is going on and how I got sick.

After your brother was born we decided to move to London and start our lives here again as a family. We was close to Grandma and Pops (my mum and dad.) And the schools were amazing. Me and your daddy decided to build our own home so you and your brother could enjoy life with your own play room and anything your heart desired. But after we built the house and settled in I found a lump in my breast.

I was breastfeeding your brother but it hurt everytime. So me and Logan went to the hospital.

Stage 4 Breast cancer. My heart stopped.

They offered chemotherapy and other drugs that wouldn't give me time but would 'enhance' the quality of life I have left but I didn't see the point id rather just spend the time I have with my family which is what I'm doing as we speak.

I don't want to go and leave you. So please don't forget me because I will never forget you or your brother my beautiful girl. You changed my life for the best and I love you.

Please remember me ❤️

Maisie - Age 3 and Mason age - 7 months

Tears dripped down the pages, I couldn't keep it in. I just wanted her with me.

I took out my photos and began sticking them in the back of the book that my mother oh so cherished.

This is me Momma on my 17th birthday last year

This is me Momma on my 17th birthday last year. I hope you could be proud of me, Dad showed me a few photos of you and he started to cry because I reminded him of you. He really misses you. We all do. X- MP

Mason age 15

Mason age 15. Dad and mason are kind of clashing at the moment momma, he's getting older and Dad doesn't know how to cope with him. All they do is argue. He can't even remember you and he uses that against dad. He always says he prefers Uncle Jake. But in reality I know he just wants you here.
-MP

I close the book and began to stand when a large shadow creeps up behind me. My lips quiver as I turn around to find my Dad, Logan Paul with his short blonde hair and stubbly beard.

" What you doing here kiddo?"
He walked closer towards me.

"I needed some space dad, away from mason and you. I'm sick of being the only girl I want mom back ! Why did she go?!" I slowly begin breaking down into my dads large arms until I realise he's crying too.

"I'm sorry Maisie I'm so sorry" he paused

"I wish it was me "